A Bionic Failure!

Zane_Grey

Reaction score
So my bionic has been having sim card issues so I decided to get a new sim card. After losing 3g a couple times while waiting for a rep one hour later my sim card still wouldn't activate. The Verizon guy even tried putting it into a t-bolt just to get it to activate. While I was there someone decided to upgrade to the bionic lol. I would have said something, but by the time I noticed it was to late. Their sim card also wouldn't activate. The manager said that they had the issue already and would add our numbers to the ticket with tech support. Apparently they had already been trying to activate a bionic for an hour before mine and the guy who upgraded. Tech support said it would take between 2 and 24 hours to fix!!! So now I cant use my phone!! I was hoping that it would be closer to the 2 hour mark but 3 hours later and still nothing.

I have not been the biggest bionic fan, but was getting used to the fact that I was stuck with it (My 14 days had passed before they announced the nexus) . I was holding out hoping that the ota would fix the problems. Now I have worked out a deal with a friend who has an upgrade. Im going to pay for half of his upgrade to the Nexus and give him my bionic and all accessories just to get rid of this phone! He doesn't care about the locked bootloader and 3g issues.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
If there is an issue with the VZW activation server that has nothing to do with the Bionic.
I know it's frustrating, but they'll get it resolved fast i'm sure.

OP
Z

Zane_Grey

Reaction score
If there is an issue with the VZW activation server that has nothing to do with the Bionic.
I know it's frustrating, but they'll get it resolved fast i'm sure.

I thought it might be the might have been the activation server, but they had activated other phones while waiting on the first bionic's sim to activate.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
you stated in your OP that they put the sim into a TBolt and it didnt activate which tells me it's the LTE activation server which is acting up again... nothing to do with the Bionic, it's server side.

OP
Z

Zane_Grey

Reaction score
you stated in your OP that they put the sim into a TBolt and it didnt activate which tells me it's the LTE activation server which is acting up again... nothing to do with the Bionic, it's server side.

I get what you are saying..maybe I was alittle to quick to blame the bionic, but either way Im going to say goodbye to it.

Edit: My data has worked since I left the store. I got an email while the rep was holding it. I can use the browser and everything. How is this possible without my sim card being activated?

Edit: Nvm data is gone now.

Last edited:

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
I get what you are saying..maybe I was alittle to quick to blame the bionic, but either way Im going to say goodbye to it.

Edit: My data has worked since I left the store. I got an email while the rep was holding it. I can use the browser and everything. How is this possible without my sim card being activated?

Edit: Nvm data is gone now.

You're on Wifi?

OP
Z

Zane_Grey

Reaction score
3g...it came back after 30 minutes. I still can't make calls or text but have 3g. Hopefully they figure it out soon

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

tbell6

Reaction score
When I got my bionic it took close to a day before I got 4G, which is what I was told would happen. I'm on the edge of 4G coverage. Havn't lost it since I got it, 6 weeks. I suspect once system gets you registered and the towers follow you you'll be happy. Hang in there.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
Z

Zane_Grey

Reaction score
Finally activated. They told me to just leave my phone on and wait. I finally decide to reboot and after a couple tries it finally activated!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk