Activation failed - cannot update PRL

AshG

Reaction score
I installed Liberty 1.0 last night and am impressed with it. I am running into one issue: I cannot update my PRL. Using either *228 - 2 or *228 - 99, I listen to the cheesy hold music and am then told my phone could not be updated.

Are there any recommendations or remedies that I should try?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I installed Liberty 1.0 last night and am impressed with it. I am running into one issue: I cannot update my PRL. Using either *228 - 2 or *228 - 99, I listen to the cheesy hold music and am then told my phone could not be updated.

Are there any recommendations or remedies that I should try?

Try again today. Sometimes that happens.

THUNDERBOLT1

Reaction score
To all HTC THUNDERBOLT users. You can't use *228 update option 2 to update your PRL (Priority Roaming List) software. 4G LTE PHONES will not utilize this feature. The phone will not be looking for old network towers. You will get an immediately disconnect once *228 is dialed from a 4G LTE phone. No matter if you are in a 3G only city or not, the phone has a LTE radio/SIM card in it and the the feature is not needed. Verizon Wireless tech support and also the main store where I purchased my phone told me this info. Just curios, why is everyone trying to update the PRL list anyway, the phone only came out yesterday and if the phone required activation, the prl update would have been done in the programming.