PRL Update - with new SIM cards

don_droid

Reaction score
Has anyone had their PRL update automaticaly, without an activation?

I have had my bionic since the second day of release, and the PRL never updated - it stayed at 15027. I know that people started to talk about the 15098 update, so I wondered why no update. I called VZW tech support and and finally got a second level support guy and he did not know anything except that it should update by itself, but that has not happened so he said go to the VZW store and get a new SIM card. I was going to drive thru Utah, AZ and NM so I wanted the latest PRL before I left. I went to my local store and they did not know how to get a new PRL and the tech guys there all had different PRL depending upon when they got their phones. They gave me new SIM card and during reactivation the PRL did update to he new 15098. It seems that new PRL did become availible for my area, since the tech guys all had dfiferent ones on their Bionic.

It seems that the auto update is not working on VZW or did I have a bad SIM card? Anyone know how to force an update now?

KL1

Reaction score
I'm on 15061

Sounds like the PRL's are not auto updating at all.

OP
D

don_droid

Reaction score
I did some more searching and found that if I dial: *#*#4636#*#* I get a page with an option called: phone info. at the bottom of that page it has a pop up list of update options, which one is best. Mine said CMDA only PRL update. Is that right or should I select GSM/ CDMA PRL update?

razz1

Reaction score
I did some more searching and found that if I dial: *#*#4636#*#* I get a page with an option called: phone info. at the bottom of that page it has a pop up list of update options, which one is best. Mine said CMDA only PRL update. Is that right or should I select GSM/ CDMA PRL update?

Just checked my settings and it was set at GSM/CDMA PRL.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

dstreng

Reaction score
Try turning phone off. Pulling sim card. Reboot. Wait for no sim card notification to pop up. Turn off phone. reinstall sim card and power on. That should update

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
D

don_droid

Reaction score
Try turning phone off. Pulling sim card. Reboot. Wait for no sim card notification to pop up. Turn off phone. reinstall sim card and power on. That should update

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

This did not work with my old settings. It did work when I got a new SIM card and reactivated the phone. Now I just changed my settings on the phone info page to GSM/CDMA PRL Update, so in a few weeks I will try to see if the PRL auto update.