About 2.1 .....

Zindrix

Reaction score
I thought the App drawer was going to have a 3D-like effect? And what about the new dock screen?

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The Gallery has a new 3-D effect, but that's all I've seen besides of course, the live wallpapers. Battery life seems to have improved but we're still limited to 3 screens unless you use a third party app or are rooted.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Out of all the alternative home launchers I've tried I like Helix the best. Check the market for helixlauncher and helixlauncher2 the second one has a 3d drawer. On rooted phones it hasn't been entirely stable, not sure how it will be on stock. The non-2 version works great on all Droids so far as I've heard. It is in the market, has 4 anchor spots for apps, up to 7 screens.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Helix Launcher works great for more screens and is very stable but no 3D app drawer. Helix Launcher2 has the 3D app drawer but causes a constant force close loop on a non-rooted droid so don't download.

LdaSense420

Reaction score
Helix Launcher works great for more screens and is very stable but no 3D app drawer. Helix Launcher2 has the 3D app drawer but causes a constant force close loop on a non-rooted droid so don't download.

sorry dumb question but "constant force close loop" meaning it FCs over and over again? becuz im running helix 2 on a non rooted 2.1 and it does FC once in awhile but not over and over again. sorry just got my droid so im trying to get use to the terms or "lingo" regarding the droid...

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score

sorry dumb question but "constant force close loop" meaning it FCs over and over again? becuz im running helix 2 on a non rooted 2.1 and it does FC once in awhile but not over and over again. sorry just got my droid so im trying to get use to the terms or "lingo" regarding the droid...
yeah for me helix 2 won't even load, immediately after installing and trying to use it goes into a force close over and over again. Which by the way for anyone who tries this, don't set it as the default first because then you get all scared until you realize you can power off and go into safe mode to uninstall, haha. Did freak me out a bit though. I have heard that some non-rooters were using it and it wasn't doing the constant FC loop, I wonder why for some it does and some it doesn't.