Home Dock app borked

wingdo

Reaction score
Prior to the update to 2.1 I was using the clock dock from 2.1 (along with all the other 2.1 goodies which were posted). I deleted all the 2.1 items I had installed prior to the update to 2.1, but now when I dock the Droid, I go back to the very original multimedia station, you know the one which lights an entire city block even in night mode.

I reinstalled the dock2 program, verified that it was not the default dock, uninstalled the new dock and reapplied the update. No change, I still get the very first dock.

Any suggestions welcome, any suggestions which resolve this are VERY welcome.

Doug

OP
wingdo

wingdo

Reaction score
Gah so the new dock didn't migrate over either? Bummer. That was my single biggest reason for wanting the 2.1 update. Home dock with Fahrenheit temp scale.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure why you don't have it, the new dock is on 2.1, I've no issues, and I know it is the new one because the home button was migrated to the lower right ... the dimmer now resides in upper left, where it used to be.

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
I was confused by this as well. The nexus media dock is not the droid media dock in either 2.01 or 2.1. The droid dock is essentially the same with minor improvements.

The nexus dock was ported to the droid and works great with live wallpaper background, better dim and screen saver black and green. The previous poster linked some places to look for it.

drowe

Reaction score
I'm not sure why you don't have it, the new dock is on 2.1, I've no issues, and I know it is the new one because the home button was migrated to the lower right ... the dimmer now resides in upper left, where it used to be.

I'm sure that his did update, but the difference between the 2.01 dock and the 2.1 dock is extremely minimal, so much so that there were threads to find any difference! The clock from the nexus is much nicer, much dimmer, allows your wallpaper (even live wallpaper!) to show and it goes into a screenblanker mode.

Doug,
With the upgrade to 2.1 and the weather and news widget, my nexus 2.1 clock shows the temp in F and tapping on it opens the news/weather app.

David

OP
wingdo

wingdo

Reaction score
Yeah, I reinstalled the N1 clock and all is perfect. I just expected to get the same clock as the N1 with us running the same OS version. Ah well this works and yes you are right the display is now in Fahrenheit.