a variation of "butt call" issue

sheoguey

Reaction score
My Motorola Droid has a very bad habit. It butt calls -- but not to the last person I called!! It randomly picks a number to dial :icon_eek: -- could be from either my call log or my address book.

I try to tap the power off before putting it away, but it turns on and dials (this seems like a second "issue") or just lights up the screen -- draws the power.

Not only in my purse (lots of magnetic sources there) but this morning when I had it in my sweatshirt pocket -- no other electronic devices near it!

Any suggestions??

oh, btw, the magnetic sources randomly fool droid into believing it's been docked. Connected to a media station is what it says. I don't even have a dock. that one had me stumped for a while! can I block the "dock" mode?

sarreq

Reaction score
firstly, don't put the phone in with magnets. past that, the power button and touch screen are in no way magnetically controlled, I don't know about your shirt pocket, but something in your purse could be physically hitting your power button, and then either your thigh, or something of similar capacitance to human skin in your purse is tapping things on the screen. try using either the pin, password or pattern lock instead of just the slider. your screen may still turn on, but you won't be (butt, boob, thigh, whatever) dialing anyone.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Doesn't the phone come on when you put it in the various docks (multimedia/car dock)? If so, the magnets in your purse could be activating the phone and then a call or anything can be initiated. I don't use those docks anymore so I could be wrong. Just a thought.

OP
sheoguey

sheoguey

Reaction score
sarreq: yes... all those "don'ts " electronice pre-101. Also, I typically "home" the desktop before I use the power button to lock it. The idea being, if it turns on, it shouldn't call anyone. yeah, right (BTW, I love my Droid... I'm not being disparaging of it!)

is there an app to close/open it on purpose but without a lot of effort. I'd still like to pick it up & call with a minimum of keystrokes/tapping/sliding.

BayouFlyFisher: what docks? perhaps other models come with docks, but this Motorola Droid doesn't have one. The multimedia station mounting phenomenon is pretty new -- like after last week's upgrade. I would like to know how to undock or turn it off. right now, I take the battery out & reboot.