Home Screen Replacement - Regina 3D

REMilk

Reaction score
This is one of a series of postings on Home Screen Replacements. This review is based on the version that was available in the App Market during the period October 22, 2011 through October 31, 2011. The posting contains my personal view of the Home Screen Replacements. These were all reviewed on my Droid 3. If you like this Home Screen Replacements, please post and describe what you like about it. If you do not like this Home Screen Replacements, then please describe what you do not like about it and/or what you think needs to be changed to improve it. Just saying something like “I like it” or “It sucks” provides not much in the way of information to those with an interest of finding out more about this Home Screen Replacements.

Regina 3D (free version)
This replacement Home Screen is considered fully-featured as opposed to a minimalist view. This replacement Home Screen has unique "3D' movement of its widgets when moving to/from the settings for the widget. I could not determine if standard scrollable, resizable widgets are supported. It supported widgets from the app market. There are also downloadable Regina 3D widgets for increased functionality. Regina 3D supports folders, but the folder graphics are from a pre-defined set. This free version is suppose to be limited to 5 screens (workspaces), but I was able to add 7. You can have ‘secret’ workspaces (for privacy) and you can use different wallpaper on each workspace. You cannot continuously rotate through screens (workspaces). The screen (workspace) grid size is predefined and not changeable. The dock area is limited to 2 icons and you cannot scroll the dock area. The app drawer also has some visually appealing effects.

I had no problems setting this one up and using it. The movement across workspaces (screens) was quick. The "3D" activity was visually appealing.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
I won't even try this launcher because it requires access to text messages, internet, and personal information. I don't need or want a launcher to have these privileges.