A scratch!!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Do the sgp protectors cover the screen from edge to edge like the zagg does??? I liked the fit of the zagg. It just felt wrong. So I'm considering an sgp crystal.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
I love the feel of the Razr Maxx without a screen protector or case. I love it. However, as soon as it gets a ding or scratch, I will not be able to ignore it for the full 2 years. Therefore, I must have a case and screen protector. I use the cruzerlite androidified case, and the Zagg screen protector. Leaving it naked feels so incredible, and way more natural than putting it in a case. I enjoy the experience so much more. But it isn't always worth the risk.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
LegalAmerican said:
I love the feel of the Razr Maxx without a screen protector or case. I love it. However, as soon as it gets a ding or scratch, I will not be able to ignore it for the full 2 years. Therefore, I must have a case and screen protector. I use the cruzerlite androidified case, and the Zagg screen protector. Leaving it naked feels so incredible, and way more natural than putting it in a case. I enjoy the experience so much more. But it isn't always worth the risk.

I keep mine in a defender, with a screen protector underneath of that, on all of my phones.... I've seen sand get under the defender and mess up the screens bad. NOT HAPPENING TO MY PHONE!!

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

OP
Aiesline

Aiesline

Reaction score
OP here. I ended up ordering a tpu case off amazon and a XO screen protector. I really hope I don't hate it. At least my TPU case is pink and will not hide in my purse as much as the stock phone does. I know, I know.. throwing my phone in my purse is how I got the scratches to begin with. When they get here I'll let you guys know what I think.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Aiesline said:
OP here. I ended up ordering a tpu case off amazon and a XO screen protector. I really hope I don't hate it. At least my TPU case is pink and will not hide in my purse as much as the stock phone does. I know, I know.. throwing my phone in my purse is how I got the scratches to begin with. When they get here I'll let you guys know what I think.

Enjoy... its your phone after all. :)

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

OP
Aiesline

Aiesline

Reaction score
I want to enjoy my phone naked... It would seem that if I don't want it to be all scratched up I can't. I am under contract with it for the next 2 years (nm I always talk them out of an early upgrade.). So case and a screen protector it is.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Aiesline said:
That reads way dirtier than I intended it too. :p

Baaahahahahaha. : )

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

clintro

Reaction score
Lol... naked is better!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Do the sgp protectors cover the screen from edge to edge like the zagg does??? I liked the fit of the zagg. It just felt wrong. So I'm considering an sgp crystal.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

No the SGP ones do not cover the whole screen, but it works put perfectly for me because what it does not cover my Ottorbox Commuter does.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Sydman said:
No the SGP ones do not cover the whole screen, but it works put perfectly for me because what it does not cover my Ottorbox Commuter does.

Thanx for the info

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
That reads way dirtier than I intended it too. :p

Yeah I love the way the phone looks and feel naked but I have to have it protected. I take it out of the Ottorbox every week while I am at home and it is in less danger just so I can let her breath every once and awhile.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Sydman said:
Yeah I love the way the phone looks and feel naked but I have to have it protected. I take it out of the Ottorbox every week while I am at home and it is in less danger just so I can let her breath every once and awhile.

I agree, I have to keep my devices protected. Also, awesome avatar!! Lol

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

sava700

Reaction score
Well I purchased some protectors for mine but really I've seen so many people online with video testing the glass portion and it will hold up very very well against just about any impact.

See here:

[video=youtube;H6IHH1g5dOc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6IHH1g5dOc[/video]

SO I'm not convinced I will need the protector...issue shown in this video that if a major hit on it could go thru and break the LCD which is the main part.

Reaction score
sava700 said:
Well I purchased some protectors for mine but really I've seen so many people online with video testing the glass portion and it will hold up very very well against just about any impact.

See here:

YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6IHH1g5dOc

SO I'm not convinced I will need the protector...issue shown in this video that if a major hit on it could go thru and break the LCD which is the main part.

While I don't use a protector either I do baby it to some extent. When I have it in my pocket I usually keep by itself but if I have to I will only put it with non scratch objects like paper or cloth. Keys or coins or other things that could scratch it I keep in other pockets. I have dropped it about 10 or so times since I got it and so far nothing I have noticed. Though I take full responsibility if something does happen because I didn't get a protector.