ZAGG Invisible Shield for Droid X Now Taking Orders!!

QQP

Reaction score
Pre-ordered mine when they ZAGG had the 50% code. Bought the screen-only protection.

I have a ZAGG on my iPod Touch, it's not as "slick" as if it's naked. I'm guessing the smoothness feel won't be the same after I put ZAGG on, at least it'll protect the screen.

ffej89

Reaction score
Zagg shield is all i use now. I pour concrete and my pockets always have grit in them at work (phone killer). I use to put my phone in a ziplock while i was at work but the zagg is really a phone saver. I never use a case just because i dont want extra size on the phone and i like the phone itself.

Coastie 585

Reaction score
I bought the ZAGG screen protector for my Storm (ughhh), and it was fine. Very clear, practically invisible.

This one I bought for my X is very different, I applied it correctly but even after it being on for about two weeks the protector has a very obvious "orange peel" effect to it. I don't mean in some areas, I mean the WHOLE piece of plastic looks like an orange peel.

Anybody else experiencing this? It isn't that big of an issue, the screen shines through fine but it is kind of bothersome.

OP
J

Jeremyan2

Reaction score
I got the full body install because it's the same price and I am anl about the phone so I did that plus the silicone case and keep it in my pocket.

96p993

Reaction score
I like my zagg but it makes swype really tough to use...Anyone else have this problem?

Grifter

Reaction score
Just had B put the Zagg put on, the one got at the VZW store was horrible.

Oh my God - that screen protector is just horrid. I took my DX to the Zagg booth and the protector literally just flicked off of the phone. It was like static cling or something.

Not to mention that it was also anti-glare, which really made the screen look not as sharp on the DX.

I got the whole body protector, but didn't like it, so I took it off and left the screen protector on. Quite happy with it dancedroid

dhoffman1260

Reaction score

Oh my God - that screen protector is just horrid. I took my DX to the Zagg booth and the protector literally just flicked off of the phone. It was like static cling or something.

Not to mention that it was also anti-glare, which really made the screen look not as sharp on the DX.

I got the whole body protector, but didn't like it, so I took it off and left the screen protector on. Quite happy with it dancedroid

I was referring to having the Zagg Screen protector put on, is that different than what you are referring to? So far I like it anyway.

Grifter

Reaction score

I was referring to having the Zagg Screen protector put on, is that different than what you are referring to? So far I like it anyway.

Yea, the Zagg whole body was what I had put on, just didn't like it. I left the Zagg screen protector on and I like tha tjust fine. I had it on my original Moto Droid and never had any problems.

justreboot

Reaction score
There's a Zagg kiosk in my mall in Freehold, NJ.... Got the cover installed on day 1! No regrets- that and the gel skin cover from VZ (the carbon fiber looking one) and it's a match. I will however get the seidio clip when available...

Grifter

Reaction score
There's a Zagg kiosk in my mall in Freehold, NJ.... Got the cover installed on day 1! No regrets- that and the gel skin cover from VZ (the carbon fiber looking one) and it's a match. I will however get the seidio clip when available...

Not to venture too far OT...but the only thing I didn't like about that gel cover was the covering of the buttons for the camera and the volume...I think I might use an exacto and trim those out.....

Gnatman1102

Reaction score
I bought the Zagg screen protector, but the application process was a bummer for me to the tune of me essentially throwing my money in the trash.

Anyone installing the protector needs to be absolutely certain the work area is completely clean. In fact, I feel you need to work in a clean room at postive pressure. Why?

I got it on and was so excited that I got it right, but then I noticed a pet hair got underneath stuck to the adhesive side right in the middle of the screen. At that point, I was screwed. I tried to peal it back and remove the hair, but the hair was stuck to the adhesive.

Anyone else have this problem. Were they able to rectify it before it set up? I couldn't