94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
sava700 said:
Well I purchased some protectors for mine but really I've seen so many people online with video testing the glass portion and it will hold up very very well against just about any impact.

See here:

YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6IHH1g5dOc

SO I'm not convinced I will need the protector...issue shown in this video that if a major hit on it could go thru and break the LCD which is the main part.

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe when he was tapping the knife tip down, I thought I saw a little shard of the glass(looked white) pop up. And when he was moving the knife across the screen, those changes in pitch, sounded like blemishes to me.

This is just how it appears to me... the
lighting was poor in the video. I could very well be wrong.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

EDIT: apparently it was lint on the screen. I brightened my screen and watched it again. And the pitch change was pressure change on the knife....and the knife edge hitting the debris that was on the glass.

Also, don't kid yourself, sand will scratch these screens in nothing flat. I live fairly close to the beech, so i keep a screen protector under my otterbox defender screen protector... as I've said, I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Last edited: