A lil grrr wtf and seriously ...

nubia

Reaction score
Quit bionic bashing!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

My friend, I'm not "bionic bashing " I'm simply stating FACTS. I hope I didn't hurt your feelings by doing so. Grow Up!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

nubia

Reaction score
Well, you kinda ARE being nasty and like many others, I've had ONE Bionic and it's been amazing. Wouldn't trade it for anything. :)

Sent from a Phone

Hey I agree with your experience with YOUR bionic. However, there are many many threads dedicated to poor or defective devises. At one point Verizon themselves was trading RAZR's for bionics because of the problems they are having with them. Verizon admits that the devise has issues more so then expected. But there are cases like yourself where the phone is trouble free. I loved the phone itself but simply could not put up with all the problems it came with.
Truthfully, if the bionic would do as advertised in would take it back in a heartbeat, if not for anything else but the removable battery.

Peace

Dutchman1

Reaction score
Wow, sounds like my kids. My wife and I have OG Droids for 2 years now and loved them. They were rooted and always running the latest roms. The hardware was flawless for us. Now my wife upgraded to Razr last month and loves the phone. She won't let me touch it. I held out for the Galaxy Nexus, got it 48 hours ago. Love the phone and ICS, now its unlocked and rooted and by far the best phone i ever touched and used. The possibilities are endless. I take care of my phone, so not worried about breaking/dropping. Who kows what the future brings, right now we got 2 excellent phones that fit our needs.

Last edited:

jays91ls

Reaction score
My friend, I'm not "bionic bashing " I'm simply stating FACTS. I hope I didn't hurt your feelings by doing so. Grow Up!

i'd have to agree with him there , after my 4th bionic was having issues verizon said they will send me out the razr as an early upgrade no cost out of pocket but my contract would be extended by 2 MONTHS , who would pass that up???? , but if that didn't happen i'd still either have that or an iPhone again, the bionic was one of the fastest phones i've ever owned the razr is just a touch faster :happy3:dancedroid

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
i'd have to agree with him there , after my 4th bionic was having issues verizon said they will send me out the razr as an early upgrade no cost out of pocket but my contract would be extended by 2 MONTHS , who would pass that up???? , but if that didn't happen i'd still either have that or an iPhone again, the bionic was one of the fastest phones i've ever owned the razr is just a touch faster :happy3:dancedroid

LOL....I did that from the X2 to the D3....then the D3 to the Bionic....then Bionic to Razr.....now I have my other upgrade plus offers on the GN....but I would really like to play with ICS on the Razr.....even with the bugs it would give me enough to get an idea of I should hold out for ICS on the Razr.

kparks

Reaction score
I'm actually quite surprised to hear so much support fora company that has seriously screwed the pooch a number of times with a number of devices.

That being said if the Maxx is going to be the Razr with additional amenities and released a month later I'd like to know. That's all...

That would be the worst business move ever lol.. So u want a company to be like don't buy that there is a better phone coming out in like 2 months.. First off vzw won't do that cuz they don't give a crap what phone u have as long as u sign the contract and the phone mfr Arnt going to take sales away from there own phone they want the ppl to buy phone "a" then pay full price for phone "b" 4 months later.... Welcome to reality all they want is your money..... if u don't like phones coming out with minimal upgrades don't buy a Moto phone get a HTC or Sammy.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

ex0rcist

Reaction score
Excuse me, my friend the bionic was a major flop. I had 7 (seven) defective devises before I got this RAZR. I have to admit that even with the RAZR I have had issues. To make a blanket statement like this is totally unfounded and ignorant. Not trying to be nasty but be careful what you say unless you have had actual experience with what your speaking of......

Just saying.....

-1. My bionic has been fantastic. I have 4 friends that also have a bionic. All flawless. I truly believe that 75 percent of the time people have data problems was just verizons network. And now you say that you have rzr problems too... so you assume its moto... but I see people with rezound. And. g nexus losing data all over the place too. Do a search for the forums and look where people live and who's having problems.. generally you'll see it doesn't matter what phone people have but the area that they live in... it doesn't matter if it's rezound..a galaxy nexus a bionic... rzr .. its called network problems bro.. I don't buy for second that it's the bionics hardware or software leading to most of these data drops I think it's the network. And not only that my girl has a rezound and it has terrible 4g to 3g handoff problems( much like my bionic before the ota) When you guys gunna step back and stop pointing the finger at motorola?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Icyhot1966

Reaction score
I am truly hoping this losing data on the RAZR (and other phones) is attributed to Verizon upgrading their network. All of the iPhones in my family don't do this. They are the only pure 3G phones I have. It seems that those of us experiencing this issue all have 4G phones. That's why I'm hoping it's a network upgrade issue. Manually putting my phone in the 3G mode does not correct the problem, at least not on my phone.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I too went through a series of Bionic's before getting the Razr. And I am also experiencing some minor issues with the Razr....but the key word is minor....nothing like others are reporting. For example I have yet to have a data drop in what is almost a month that I have had this phone. I am considering changing over to the GN but am having some serious issues pulling the trigger.

My Razr has been getting better and better with battery life as I understand more and more about Smart Actions and now using Juice Defender. Quite honestly I have been overall impressed. Much better experience than with the Bionic. But one thing to point iout is that different people have different experiences as different people do different things with their devices. You may not have bugs like user "A" because you don't do what user "A" does....you follow?

ex0rcist

Reaction score
I am truly hoping this losing data on the RAZR (and other phones) is attributed to Verizon upgrading their network. All of the iPhones in my family don't do this. They are the only pure 3G phones I have. It seems that those of us experiencing this issue all have 4G phones. That's why I'm hoping it's a network upgrade issue. Manually putting my phone in the 3G mode does not correct the problem, at least not on my phone.

What you gotta realize is 4 g phones access the 3g network differently than your pure 3g phone would. Another thing you guys all have to realize is that the galaxy nexus the razor an the bionic are almost all identical in hardware.. the only major differences between the 3 is the screens.. so if 1 of these phones is suffering problems the others will too.. but beyond hardware and software and all the crap every 4 g phone has been dropping data and having hand off problems lately it's the nature of the beast! they are upgrading a brand new huge national network.. there is gonna be hiccups and some bugs n problems along the way. It's just something you gotta deal with. Get over it or switch networks.
Sheesh.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Last edited:

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't see why people whine about the LTE connectivity on their phone like it is device specific. Call VZW....they openly admit it affects EVERY LTE DEVICE THEY HAVE. Meaning all of them....like LG, HTC, Samsung, Motorola....ALL of them.