A lil grrr wtf and seriously ...

Kimo91

Reaction score
So Verizon obviously doesn't have its stuff together ...

I like the Razr, I debated swapping for the Nexus but after handling it I'm not that impressed. My issue is the release of the Razr being staggered staggered. Black then white then the Maxx. What is the Maxx and where can I get more info? If there's and updated hardware version why not release it at the same time? I'm not wanting to get saddled into a 2 year only to see an improved version of the phone I want released 2 months later. Keep your Nexus, let me be an informed consumer and give me my options prior to me making the purchase.

If you're more informed than I am link me some info, I'll go back to my 3g Droid X and wait. Thanks.

I heard about the Maxx a week after I got my RAZR and honestly that's the only time I read up on it which was a small paragraph somewhere

Sent from my Boeing approved Moto DROID Razr

Insidious

Reaction score
OG Droid was a VZW game changer not overall. Android was loose in the market well before. Charge, Bionic, and now the Nexus all plagued with issues and delays.

Those are all great phones but the D2/D2G and X2 were phones that never should've came out. I I have both and they're almost unusable sometimes.

Sent from the future using my Galaxy Nexus!

vonfink13

Reaction score
You have to really do your homework when getting an Android device....my plan was to get a Droid3 to upgrade from my og Droid...I started to hear rumors about the Razr so I waited....I knew I wanted a motorola phone....and I am not a dev..so no nexus for me...I did lots of research on the Razr and decided I could keep it for2 years no matter what came out next....find one you can hang onto for a while and then just enjoy it....I am perfectly happy with my choice and you should be too...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
C

crownedzero

Reaction score
Googling at this point would only lead me to a million rumor date at this point but I can't support it with fact. But perception particularly with something is key. Is it customary to remain tight lipped and divulge nothing? Hell I still haven't gotten any information from Verizon even though I signed up same as everybody else. I don't think they even officially released in the sense that they have for the Razr.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Once again, have you guys seen the galaxy S 3? The slide out is touchscreen and the quick loading from keyboard to game controller is about to change the QWERTY as we know it on these bad boys.. may not be a big deal but it dropped my jaw!

Quite Sharp indeed....
Motorola Droid Razor...
Peace!

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
You have to really do your homework when getting an Android device....my plan was to get a Droid3 to upgrade from my og Droid...I started to hear rumors about the Razr so I waited....I knew I wanted a motorola phone....and I am not a dev..so no nexus for me...I did lots of research on the Razr and decided I could keep it for2 years no matter what came out next....find one you can hang onto for a while and then just enjoy it....I am perfectly happy with my choice and you should be too...

Good post reply brother. And I would only add the frickin D4 is the only one I would possibly swap for just because I miss my D2 QWERTY ...lol and it is a Razr..lol lil smaller..

Quite Sharp indeed....
Motorola Droid Razor...
Peace!

vonfink13

Reaction score
Good post reply brother. And I would only add the frickin D4 is the only one I would possibly swap for just because I miss my D2 QWERTY ...lol and it is a Razr..lol lil smaller..

Quite Sharp indeed....
Motorola Droid Razor...
Peace!

thanks...i thought i would miss that keyboard way more than i do...swype made me forget it real quick...

IceAngel8381

Reaction score
I guess you can consider me apart of the "NOW" generation, however, I don't care about the GN, and never did, and I don't care about the Maxx. They are released like newspapers. I'm happy with my RAZR.

Gleason81

Reaction score
By no means am I a "now" generation, I mean what kid wants to be an informed consumer? I just want the best Razr I can get. I have to commit to two years there's nothing wrong with asking a company to be responsible. It will never happen but hey I'm allowed to vent. :)

Just keep waiting. I hear in 2013 they will have a phone you will want.

Icyhot1966

Reaction score
Without the OG Droid, I for sure would have been an iSheep. Now I love comparing the thinness of the Razr to the iPhone.

RAZR is thicker at the hump than the iPhone is :) Having said tht, I have a 64GB 4S on AT&T, which I love (service and device) and I have the RAZR which I love as well. They both have their strong points. I favor the 4S SLIGHTLY bur I'm not leaving the house without each one in my front pocket. I love them both.

adamwhitehead

Reaction score
RAZR is thicker at the hump than the iPhone is :) Having said tht, I have a 64GB 4S on AT&T, which I love (service and device) and I have the RAZR which I love as well. They both have their strong points. I favor the 4S SLIGHTLY bur I'm not leaving the house without each one in my front pocket. I love them both.

Droid doesn't allow you to be ''bi'' .

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

nubia

Reaction score
Originally Posted by crownedzero
I'm actually quite surprised to hear so much support fora company that has seriously screwed the pooch a number of times with a number of devices.

That being said if the Maxx is going to be the Razr with additional amenities and released a month later I'd like to know. That's all...

Huh??? Screwed the pooch on so many devices? OG Droid changed the game. Still going strong for many people. Next up was DX.....amazing phone. D3, Bionic, and RAZR are all solid phones. Motorola has the top phones.....hands down.

Excuse me, my friend the bionic was a major flop. I had 7 (seven) defective devises before I got this RAZR. I have to admit that even with the RAZR I have had issues. To make a blanket statement like this is totally unfounded and ignorant. Not trying to be nasty but be careful what you say unless you have had actual experience with what your speaking of......

Just saying.....

Last edited:

PurpleTwinkie

Reaction score
Excuse me, my friend the bionic was a major flop. I had 7 (seven) defective devises before I got this RAZR. I have to admit that even with the RAZR I have had issues. To make a blanket statement like this is totally unfounded and ignorant. Not trying to be nasty but be careful what you say unless you have had actual experience with what your speaking of......

Just saying.....

Well, you kinda ARE being nasty and like many others, I've had ONE Bionic and it's been amazing. Wouldn't trade it for anything. :)

Sent from a Phone