A.I.type - the new standard for keyboards on smartphones

noamrotem

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Any way to disable the autocorrect sound?

Sure. In the keyboard's settings.

Long-click the arrows button (to the left of the space bar), select Appearance, and uncheck the Auto-Correction Sound option.

Noam
A.I.type

pheitmeyer

Reaction score
I have noticed one thing, not sure where the issue lies, but if i'm sharing a pic from camera fx via handcent, ai keybd does not recognize the name i'm typing in as a legit contact. same with default messenging app. but it works fine using the android keyboard from camera fx via handcent.

kilton

Reaction score
Sure. In the keyboard's settings.

Long-click the arrows button (to the left of the space bar), select Appearance, and uncheck the Auto-Correction Sound option.

Noam
A.I.type

Thanks, not sure how I missed it. :)

Two more things, if I may. First -- it would be dynamite to have the option to vibate on auto-correct instead of the sound. This way, one can be notified of the correction without driving other people in the vicinity crazy with sounds.

Also, I'm having an issue with a common abbreviation that I use: DX. When A.I. type "remembers" this word, it insists on de-capitalizing the second letter. This is also the case for the possessive (which should be DX's, but A.I. makes it Dx's). It would be great if this worked properly, since having to use the shift key twice to type DX is a real pain.

Thanks for reading!

noamrotem

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Any Android Tablet owners here? Care to get an early version of our new Tablet keyboard Beta? It splits, it floats, it brings to the Tablet the latest and greatest of our mobile versions...

noamrotem

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
First -- it would be dynamite to have the option to vibate on auto-correct instead of the sound. This way, one can be notified of the correction without driving other people in the vicinity crazy with sounds.

Nice suggestion. Thanks. I'll make sure we add it to our agenda.

Also, I'm having an issue with a common abbreviation that I use: DX. When A.I. type "remembers" this word, it insists on de-capitalizing the second letter. This is also the case for the possessive (which should be DX's, but A.I. makes it Dx's). It would be great if this worked properly, since having to use the shift key twice to type DX is a real pain.

Note taken. I will communicate to the team.

Thanks!!!!

Noam.
A.I.type

noamrotem

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Ok, guys. Thanks for a challenging day. Week, actually. Life, I guess.

We just released today: version 1.7.2 of the trial and Plus keyboards; Russian Predictionary; Italian Predictionary; Hebrew Predictionary update and - Ice Cream Sandwich Theme Pack (for $0.99).

We also released internally our new Tablet keyboard beta version. If you want to try it before anyone else - please let us know at support-at-aitype-dot-com.

I'll do my best to answer your questions and comments also during the New year's eve and the weekend. But if I'm slow in responses - sorry in advance. You may send comments and suggestions to our support email. We always respond, listen, act.

Please let your friends, Facebook pals and LinkedIn buddies know about A.I.type. If you like us - please give us 5 stars in the market and a nice comment. We really need all that, and we appreciate every new user.

And Briankbl - thank you so much for this thread :)

Happy New Year! Happy New Keyboard!

Noam Rotem
A.I.type

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Let me know when you change it so there are just three large selections like Swiftkey and I'll give it another try.

kilton

Reaction score
No prediction on landscape - even stranger. Did it happen once or is it consistent?

This happens to me as well when composing via Gmail in landscape mode. No issue when sending text messages though.

tbever

Reaction score
Landscape is a mysterious mode... Strange things happen there... The lag on landscape is indeed a mystery to us - we investigated it so many times and in so many ways but found nothing on our side. No prediction on landscape - even stranger. Did it happen once or is it consistent?

As for scrolling - you can always hide the keyboard by very-long-clicking the ?123 button. It will make scrolling easier, even in this mysterious mode... :)

It seems to be partly gmail specific. (which is what I use it for mainly). I uninstalled and reinstalled it. I tested it in landscape in Astrid and evernote and it works fine in landscape. In gmail it does not give predictions and I can't scroll up and down the message with touch input. In fact the entire cursor response to touch in Gmail landscape mode seems to be flakey. Strange but not a deal breaker. It also does not pull up the full contact name automatically when I start typing the first few letters in the To: line, when I know that contact is in the gmail contact list. That works normally in portrait.

In the native email client, it does autofill contacts but again no prediction. It may just be running out of room since it takes up the lower half of the screen. I am running 1.7.1.

I still like it way better than stock, and appreciate that you are taking user feedback seriously. Outstanding job. I am planning to buy it.

Last edited:
OP
Briankbl

Briankbl

Reaction score
So how exactly do we resize the space bar?

You can add/remove bottom row buttons, making the spacebar bigger or smaller.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

wickedkae

Reaction score
After messing with the keyboard some more i think it has a bright future but it just isn't there yet. The lack quick office and other word program compatability is a major let down. Also the prediction is very odd and not very intuitive yet. Anyway I think after a few months of dev time this will be worth the price I paid. It's just not there yet.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
After messing with the keyboard some more i think it has a bright future but it just isn't there yet. The lack quick office and other word program compatability is a major let down. Also the prediction is very odd and not very intuitive yet. Anyway I think after a few months of dev time this will be worth the price I paid. It's just not there yet.

That's why I have it installed but am still using SwiftKey.

I will use the best available keyboard. Right now it's SwiftKey. Before that it was Swype.

If something better works I'll switch - the keyboard is one of the most important things on a smart phone.

OP
Briankbl

Briankbl

Reaction score

I agree that the app compatibility could use more work. However, I feel the predictions are great and intuitive. Definitely worth the price I paid. Different opinions, which is A-OK.

That's why I have it installed but am still using SwiftKey.

I will use the best available keyboard. Right now it's SwiftKey. Before that it was Swype.

If something better works I'll switch - the keyboard is one of the most important things on a smart phone.

I love Swiftkey just as much as the next guy, but I feel that A.I.type is better in just about every way. And with an active dev watching the forums, it's only going to get better and better. I feel that the correction and prediction is already better, the keyboard is big and easy to type with, love the amount of predictions in the top bar, the nice correction bleep sound, the incredibly easy to use edit mode, the vast array of customization options, etc.

But again, to each their own.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk