Battle of the Keyboards! (Testing)

OP
Briankbl

Briankbl

Reaction score
I agree that Slide IT sux. I like Swype. For awhile I was using a Rezound that does not have Swype. I started using Touchpal. It was most like Swype.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Touchpal also advertises that you can "blindtype" with it, but the correction was lackluster to me. I want to see what Google is doing with the real Blindtype.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

dolpns13

Reaction score
why did you feel SlideIT sucked? I tried the trial version and am considering purchasing.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

OP
Briankbl

Briankbl

Reaction score
why did you feel SlideIT sucked? I tried the trial version and am considering purchasing.

I don't feel that SlideIT sucks, however, Swype is way better, in my opinion. The swiping accuracy in Swype is great. SlideIT was very hit or miss for me.

dolpns13

Reaction score
Swype must only be available for ics because it doesn't come up on my searches. My experience with SlideIt is the swipe accuracy is pretty good. Way better than the stock app and there are a ton of different skins

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Swype must only be available for ics because it doesn't come up on my searches. My experience with SlideIt is the swipe accuracy is pretty good. Way better than the stock app and there are a ton of different skins

Swype isn't in the market, it is available from Swype directly though. Swype | How Do I Get Swype?

dolpns13

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. Looks like I can't use it though because the Rezound already came preinstalled with swipe. At last that's what the website said. I'm trying Go Keyboard now. Seems pretty accurate so far for how fast I swipe

OP
Briankbl

Briankbl

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. Looks like I can't use it though because the Rezound already came preinstalled with swipe. At last that's what the website said. I'm trying Go Keyboard now. Seems pretty accurate so far for how fast I swipe

Had a chance to try out Swype yet? Swype + Dragon Dictation = Powerhouse.

Domestic violence

Reaction score
When i enable smart keyboard pro, a keyboard icon appears in the notification bar. Any idea how to stop this?

OP
Briankbl

Briankbl

Reaction score
When i enable smart keyboard pro, a keyboard icon appears in the notification bar. Any idea how to stop this?

It's that way for all keyboards on ICS. It's how you change the input method.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thank you for posting your findings OP. I had been using SlideIt for a while with my OG Droid. Then when I moved to the GNex, I just kept the stock keyboard, even though I could have installed SlideIT. When they had a sale for SwiftKey X, I said WTH, and bought it. It is now my favorite keyboard. I think the predictive text is faster than sliding to each letter when using SlideIT (or maybe even Swype).

dolpns13

Reaction score
Had a chance to try out Swype yet? Swype + Dragon Dictation = Powerhouse.

I haven't gotten to try swype because I Don't have ICS. I have been using GOKeyboard for swyping and It's pretty good. Not perfect but What is. What's dragon dictionary?

OP
Briankbl

Briankbl

Reaction score
I haven't gotten to try swype because I Don't have ICS. I have been using GOKeyboard for swyping and It's pretty good. Not perfect but What is. What's dragon dictionary?

Dragon Dictation is the voice recognition that is built into the latest version of Swype. It is the most accurate voice recognition technology on the market.

OP
Briankbl

Briankbl

Reaction score
Just a heads up for anyone interested, I will be posting a much more thorough Battle thread in a few days. It will follow the same format as this one, testing Typing, Prediction, and Voice. I'll update this thread again when it has been posted.