The Ultimate Keyboard Battle is Coming! Give me your suggestions!

Briankbl

Reaction score
I'm going to be doing a video soon. All of the best keyboards from the Play Store are going to battle it out. Tap typing, gesture input, voice to text - all will be tested and the most accurate keyboard will come out on top. The following is the list of keyboards I currently own that will take part in this test. If you have a favorite that isn't on the list, please share in this thread and I will see about including it. Hopefully this will be helpful to many people. Here's my list so far:

a.i.Type Keyboard Plus
Fleksy
Google Keyboard
iKnowU Keyboard
Keymonk Keyboard
Kii Keyboard
SlideIT Keyboard
SwiftKey
Swype + Dragon
TouchPal X

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Awesome Brian. Let the test begin

OP
Briankbl

Briankbl

Reaction score
No problem. Each of these keyboards listed above have been used extensively. If a keyboard has learning functions, they will be taken into account during testing. Which means I'm not starting from clean installs, because that's not the point. That would be handicapping certain keyboards. Users want to know which keyboard is ultimately more accurate, so hopefully everyone sees why I'm going this route.

Also, honestly, it's probably going to be a very boring, long video to watch lol. But I hear people debating which keyboard is best all the time, so hopefully this will help some people out. This is no scientific test or anything, but it should be interesting.

Each keyboard will have a short paragraph tapped out. Then the keyboards with gesture input will take a crack at a paragraph. Then Google vs Dragon in dictating a paragraph.

Remember, if your favorite keyboard isn't listed, please let me know and I'll try and include it. If any keyboards get added, I will use them extensively just like the ones already mentioned so everything is fair.

With all that being said, I'm shooting for completion in around a week from now. Thanks for showing interest, you guys!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What version of Swype are you running? Version 1.6 and later is broken, has been for months and the new owners, Nuance, seem to have abandoned any attempt to fix it. The last known fully working version of the Play store one is 1.5 and can be found in several places on the web.
I'm just saying, Swype ain't what it used to be so if you're new to it, get an older version and you'll be amazed at how good it used to be.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Notate

OP
Briankbl

Briankbl

Reaction score
What version of Swype are you running? Version 1.6 and later is broken, has been for months and the new owners, Nuance, seem to have abandoned any attempt to fix it. The last known fully working version of the Play store one is 1.5 and can be found in several places on the web.
I'm just saying, Swype ain't what it used to be so if you're new to it, get an older version and you'll be amazed at how good it used to be.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Notate

Yeah, I know about the severe lag. Even posted about it over at their bug forum. There's a huge thread about it over there. That's the only real issue I've had with it. Swype will work fine for about half a day, then become extremely unresponsive. For the purposes of the test, it should be fine. And since it's the version that is available right now for customers to purchase, it's only fair to the other keyboards that that's the version I test. Thanks for this heads up, though. Really hoping they fix Swype. It's been broken since around November...ugh.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok may I suggest you also put a disclaimer that the keyboard is buggy at the moment? Fwiw, if you're running a Samsung device a very quick way to clear up the lag for a while is clear data on the Samsung keyboard. Weird but works.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Notate

OP
Briankbl

Briankbl

Reaction score
Ok may I suggest you also put a disclaimer that the keyboard is buggy at the moment? Fwiw, if you're running a Samsung device a very quick way to clear up the lag for a while is clear data on the Samsung keyboard. Weird but works.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Notate

Using the HTC Droid DNA. Yeah, I'll make sure to add a disclaimer that Swype is laggy and has been that way for a while, but that it won't affect the accuracy of the test.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
If it's not too late I use Smart Keyboard pro. I love the fact that it has cursor arrows and you can drop the period and comma button to make the space bar bigger. You can really customize it in so many ways.

Sent from my Moto X using Droid Forums