A.I.type - the new standard for keyboards on smartphones

KaosMcRage

Reaction score
A.I.type users, can someone touch the microphone button (voice-to-text) and tell me if the "new and improved" ICS voice input screen comes up? When I click it, I get the old pre-ICS voice input box. If I use the stock keyboard, I get the new one. I'm on Pete's Bugless Beast 4.0.3 ROM.

Thanks.

OP
Briankbl

Briankbl

Reaction score
A.I.type users, can someone touch the microphone button (voice-to-text) and tell me if the "new and improved" ICS voice input screen comes up? When I click it, I get the old pre-ICS voice input box. If I use the stock keyboard, I get the new one. I'm on Pete's Bugless Beast 4.0.3 ROM.

Thanks.

It's the old one. I don't know of any keyboards other than stock that uses the new speech recognition.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

KaosMcRage

Reaction score
It's the old one. I don't know of any keyboards other than stock that uses the new speech recognition.

Oh, that's a function of the keyboard itself? I figured that was just a call to the OS. Weird.

Thanks for the info.

OP
Briankbl

Briankbl

Reaction score
Oh, that's a function of the keyboard itself? I figured that was just a call to the OS. Weird.

Thanks for the info.

Different keyboards use different engines. Some use Dragon Dictation. Some use old Android version. Stock uses the new live voice to text.

moot

Reaction score
Is this and swiftkey really better than swype? Man, I'm behind.

OP
Briankbl

Briankbl

Reaction score
Is this and swiftkey really better than swype? Man, I'm behind.

Swype was just recently acquired by Nuance, so it now includes Dragon Dictation, which is easily the best part about the keyboard now. A.I.type and Swiftkey X are far better than Swype in terms of accuracy of predictions and autocorrection.

pheitmeyer

Reaction score
I uninstalled A.I. due to it's annoying issue of hiding the 'send' button on the ics email app. now i'm trying smart keyboard using the iphone skin/key look.

moot

Reaction score
Swype was just recently acquired by Nuance, so it now includes Dragon Dictation, which is easily the best part about the keyboard now. A.I.type and Swiftkey X are far better than Swype in terms of accuracy of predictions and autocorrection.

Thanks for the reply. The prediction on AI and swiftkey is so amazing! But I think I have to stick with swype. After swype, it's hard going back to pecking and having to type with two hands. Really wish there was swype like function, where you draw out the word you want to type.

tituswife

Reaction score
Just installed it, so will be trying now. I'm hoping for exceptional word prediction. Thanks for all the input!

Sent from my stock Thunderbolt

capt. dan

Reaction score
I am having issues with it using phonemypc. It just does not work. Hopefully its an easy fix. Issues both on my phone and the new tablet version.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

tituswife

Reaction score
I'm liking it so far. You can make it pretty! Does anyone remember if/how you disable the automatic space after choosing a word from prediction? Thanks!

Sent from my stock Thunderbolt

Fooshnik

Reaction score
Needs a theme like Swiftkey Neon and the new ICS text to speech function. I like the ability to customize the bottom bar.

bsmith0731

Reaction score
I used A.I. for a week or so. Im a fast Typer who depends heavily on auto correction. And it just doesn't do it for me in that aspect.

I'm back to stock.

Swift key x has a very small space bar that I often miss so stock is it for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I am having issues with it using phonemypc. It just does not work. Hopefully its an easy fix. Issues both on my phone and the new tablet version.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

same problem here. Went back to stock keyboard.

OP
Briankbl

Briankbl

Reaction score
I used A.I. for a week or so. Im a fast Typer who depends heavily on auto correction. And it just doesn't do it for me in that aspect.

I'm back to stock.

To each their own. I find A.I.type's autocorrection to be the best out there.