A.I.type - the new standard for keyboards on smartphones

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
keyboard is still bugged with remote desktop software like phonemypc. all other keyboards work fine.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is no question that there are people here with agenda's regarding A.I.type.

However I like Swiftkey and I don't think there is anything that will replace it. They can get plenty of people to try it but ultimately people go with what's the best.

If in a year this is better then I'll switch.

OP
Briankbl

Briankbl

Reaction score
There is no question that there are people here with agenda's regarding A.I.type.

However I like Swiftkey and I don't think there is anything that will replace it. They can get plenty of people to try it but ultimately people go with what's the best.

If in a year this is better then I'll switch.

You keep posting the same point over and over again, as do I. It's a perpetual back and forth, agreeing to disagree. I'm sorry you don't feel like A.I.type is "there" yet. What's most important to me in regards to android keyboards is accurate prediction and autocorrection. In this, I feel like A.I.type is the best keyboard available. Yes, better than Swiftkey. Better than Better Keyboard. As far as PREDICTION and AUTOCORRECTION goes, in my opinion, nothing beats A.I.type. And it will be my keyboard of choice until something better comes along.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Last edited:

PhilD

Reaction score
why is a.i. type transmitting data even though i turned off cloud based prediction? the keyboard itself is phenomenal, but i cant use it if its sending data without explanation...

Reaction score
Hi locofocos,

We ran all of our tests against Swiftkey with our Cloud-based prediction turned off, auto-learning of both keyboards starting from scratch and only the first 3 word suggestions of A.I.type being evaluated. Since it's very hard to compare keyboard accuracy, we typed very slowly on both keyboards, testing the prediction and not the correction (even though we know exactly who wins in the other competition too). We tested many different texts, including Swiftkey's website(!) and the result was always very clear. A.I.type's prediction saved in average 25% more keystrokes than Swiftkey X.

As for Internet connection - we calculated that an average user's traffic from and to A.I.type's keyboard will be around 4Mb per month. That's not an issue for most users. However, you can safely disable Cloud prediction and still enjoy quality prediction (thanks to the local Predictionary and MyType - the self learning module).

As for latency in prediction due to slow connection - the system is tuned to use the local Predictionary if the Cloud is not quick enough. Auto-correction - that needs to be as fast as the fastest typist - is based only on local Predictionary.

I'll be happy to answer any further questions.

Noam Rotem
A.I.type

tried A.I. type. thought it sucked nuts. still use swiftkey. :D

i may have to try it again though-since your own tests concluded that your product is better :icon_eek:

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
I tried A.I. type for about 2 minutes once, wasn't a fan right off the bat. I didn't find the settings menu to be as user friendly as SwiftKey. But I think I will give it another shot, like maybe for a day. But that $5 price tag isn't alluring. I paid $.99 for SwiftKey, and it is the best keyboard I have ever used. We'll see how a day trial with A.I. goes though!

OP
Briankbl

Briankbl

Reaction score
Yep, 5 bucks is steep for a keyboard

True, but how much do you type? Typing is probably the number one thing most of us do on our phones. Because of that, you are easily going to get your five dollars out of it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
Briankbl

Briankbl

Reaction score
I tried A.I. type for about 2 minutes once...

Yeah, you have to give it the proper time to adjust to your typing habits. Many people gave up on SwiftKey at first, too, saying that they thought it sucked but only put a few minutes into it. You have to give them time.

Reaction score
Yeah, you have to give it the proper time to adjust to your typing habits. Many people gave up on SwiftKey at first, too, saying that they thought it sucked but only put a few minutes into it. You have to give them time.

i found swiftkey to need no time for adjustment. it was instantly impressive as far as text prediction.

however, last night i downloaded the 18 day trial of AI and have been heavilyusing it all day. it's text prediction accuracy so far is no where near where swiftkey was at after the same amount of time. i do however, like the extra large keys and space between them. if swiftkey would offer this same format, it would be perfect.

at this point, swiftkey is the clear winner. i'll keep using AI through the free trial period though, see how much better it gets...

as far as price, swiftkey's text prediction is fantastic, and i only paid 10cents for it during the last sale. i think it's now only 99cents. at this point, i don't see myself dropping 5 bucks on AI after the free trial....

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well, just got rid of AI. It was constantly running in the background draining my battery even with cloud predictions turned off, not to mention the predictions were horribly innacurate -even with cloud enabled.

Back to good old swiftkey :D

OP
Briankbl

Briankbl

Reaction score
Well, just got rid of AI. It was constantly running in the background draining my battery even with cloud predictions turned off, not to mention the predictions were horribly innacurate -even with cloud enabled.

Back to good old swiftkey :D

To each their own. I find the predictions and autocorrections in A.I.type to be better than SwiftKey X. Both are great keyboards, but A.I.type is just better. Something in particular is the keyboard layout as well as the amount of predictions it gives you. SwiftKey only gives you 2 predictions to choose from, whereas A.I.type gives you plenty. Too many times have I had to type almost an entire word before the correct prediction would show up, all because they don't give you enough to choose from.

Until SwiftKey's calculations for predictions and autocorrections gets better, I'm sticking with the best keyboard, A.I.type.

Reaction score
Swiftkey gives you three predictions to choose from, and that's more than enough considering how accurate they are :D

OP
Briankbl

Briankbl

Reaction score
Swiftkey gives you three predictions to choose from, and that's more than enough considering how accurate they are :D

You're right, you do get 3 predictions immediately. But when none of those predictions are correct and you are forced to start typing, then you only get 2 words to choose from. Which happens more often than not. With A.I.type, I can just scroll the prediction bar to the word that I want 99% of the time, instead of typing a word letter by letter, hoping the correct word comes up.

h1a8

Reaction score
True, but how much do you type? Typing is probably the number one thing most of us do on our phones. Because of that, you are easily going to get your five dollars out of it.

Things are not worth their price because of how much you use them or need them. They are worth their price because of economics 101 "supply and demand" of the item (there are other keyboards that are arguably just as good as A.I. but cheaper). This means A.I. is charging too much. They would make a lot more money while taking away some of swiftkey sales if they charged $3 or even $2 cheaper. The ideal is too maximize profit and not care about pride in what a program should be worth. This is business 101.

Also, I love A.Is keyboard size. To me the size and spacing between the keys is better than swiftkey. I agree with you also that having more than 3 predictions can be better than just 3 predictions IF those predictions are just as accurate. I love the arrow key editing that A.I. has. IMO, it is better than swiftkey in all areas except one.

A.I. doesn't have the "?" or "," along with the "." key at the bottom easily assessable. Swiftkey does. With A.I. one has to either long press or perform two presses to access these keys. With that reason along with price I chose Swiftkey.