7-7-10 [ROM] Froyo Kangerade 5.0.9 *source built, 9 themes, bug fixes, many features*

veritech

Reaction score
I get "installation aborted" on red/droid x launcher pro

tlippert

Reaction score
My observations... map icon did not theme, cyan, and still having market issues.. I have been running the frf84b with no issues... this one has the issues again, can't see all my apps..

jimmydickens

Reaction score
Can't install maps 4.3

any suggestions? I've even removed MAPS.apk completely from system/app...

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
My observations... map icon did not theme, cyan, and still having market issues.. I have been running the frf84b with no issues... this one has the issues again, can't see all my apps..

Maps is themed in cyan (just checked). You probably have installed maps to data/app so you need to uninstall it to see the themed icon.

The market issue might be my ro.build.fingerprint which is an easy fix. I thought the right one is in but if more people say they can't see their apps I have a very easy fix for it.

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score

I was worried about this too... just downloaded and it's HOPEFULLY restoring all of my apps now. I'll report back to let you know if I have the same issues.

Downloaded the Nex Theme

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Did maps just update again? I swear I just put the most recent one in...

Maybe I'll update everything real quick

to install maps do this in terminal first:

su
mountsys
rm system/app/Maps.apk
pm uninstall com.google.android.apps.maps
unmountsys
sync

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
Yeah... not having luck at all with seeing some PAID and non paid market apps Had this issue before with FroYo ROMs. ALSO maps is NOT installing (Nex Theme)

some apps missing are: Ny Times, Fandango, NBA Gametime, Pure Calendar widget

obededom

Reaction score

check if there is data in the cache...settings > applications > manage applications > all (tab at top) > maps (look for the option to clear data then reboot)

now see if you can install maps

tdweng

Reaction score
Anyone know if the maps has an issue or if it is rom related with using my location on google maps? Mine only finds my location if i have the gps turned on, this never used to be an issue for me. it would find my location without it with a general location(wasn't precise, but worked) I am currently running 4.0.7 kangerade.

Updating to 5.0.7 will most likely fix all gps location issues.

Just updated and is working now, thanks. Now i just have to move a couple of screens around because it shifted all mine over due to the added screens. Which leads me a question on a possible update/feature. To be able to move an entire screen setup to a different screen. So lets say i have the first screen setup, but decide i want to move it to the last screen, and not have to do it manually one icon at a time. Also if that screen is being used it swaps the 2 out. May be out of the scope. I am will to help anybody that wants to give it a shot. I just don't know where to begin.

msg04

Reaction score
i really like the stock nex-tang wallpaper, but it wasn't part of the wallpapers to choose from. Anyone know where i can get a copy of this so i can download it and just toss on sd card?

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score

Did maps just update again? I swear I just put the most recent one in...

Maybe I'll update everything real quick

to install maps do this in terminal first:

su
mountsys
rm system/app/Maps.apk
pm uninstall com.google.android.apps.maps
unmountsys
sync

Yeah this def. has an older maps on there than the new one... no suggestion of friends in Latitude which is probably why can't install maps from market again at least on mine Nex Theme

jimmydickens

Reaction score

check if there is data in the cache...settings > applications > manage applications > all (tab at top) > maps (look for the option to clear data then reboot)

now see if you can install maps

Still no luck...

"Installation Error - Package file was not signed correctly."

Edit: going to go the terminal route posted above...