7-7-10 [ROM] Froyo Kangerade 5.0.9 *source built, 9 themes, bug fixes, many features*

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Anyone know if the maps has an issue or if it is rom related with using my location on google maps? Mine only finds my location if i have the gps turned on, this never used to be an issue for me. it would find my location without it with a general location(wasn't precise, but worked) I am currently running 4.0.7 kangerade.

Updating to 5.0.7 will most likely fix all gps location issues.

infinity8x3

Reaction score
Can some one explain to me what the extra goodies are? I plan on installing the plain stock theme.

JP 5.56

Reaction score
Came from v4.0.7 and this seems to be more responsive. I didn't think that was possible!?

Pointzero3k

Reaction score
Anyone know if the maps has an issue or if it is rom related with using my location on google maps? Mine only finds my location if i have the gps turned on, this never used to be an issue for me. it would find my location without it with a general location(wasn't precise, but worked) I am currently running 4.0.7 kangerade.

Hey Jrummy, do you know have any idea why nothing was syncing for me in the previous version? My market would also just auto close when I tried to open it. Do I need to wipe data and cache to get the syncing and market issue to work?

markwebb

Reaction score
Can't wait to DL and install when I get home.

tdweng

Reaction score

Hey Jrummy, do you know have any idea why nothing was syncing for me in the previous version? My market would also just auto close when I tried to open it. Do I need to wipe data and cache to get the syncing and market issue to work?

I had the same issue with the market the first time i installed 4.0.7, had to go back and wipe/clear cache for it to work properly.

sportadic22

Reaction score
I just updated my phone yesterday lol.... o well. Time to download.
Thanks!!!

veritech

Reaction score
Going to try the Droid X theme to see if I like it. If not then using the NexTang! Is apps2sd default on this and if so will that script from the previous thread change that or can I just use the Kangerade scripts app?

mkw87

Reaction score
Getting it now, hope scripts are working on this one. Most didn't work in 4.0.7

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

msg04

Reaction score
I tried a2sdon in terminal and it says Apps2SD is on, but when i download an app from the market it still stores on internal drive...and when i try to move some already downloaded apps to sd card, some allow me to and some dont. Anyone know how this apps2sd works?

Pointzero3k

Reaction score

I had the same issue with the market the first time i installed 4.0.7, had to go back and wipe/clear cache for it to work properly.

I just installed this new version without wiping and it works flawlessly. I LOVE IT!

kaboyd

Reaction score
Can anyone link me to where I can see these LWP before I select one to use with the setup ROManager gives me for 5.0.9? I have seen most but a few on there are new to me.

aayoo

Reaction score
Running it right now. My observations:
Everything runs smoother. I get this strange force for the multi-touch keyboard after the system boots up and the sd card is prepared(makes no sense because i never enabled the keyboard and i double checked settings and its not enabled). I changed the fonts on my own, but i absolutely hate the default android time and date font that appears on the lockscreen, the rounded out font from 4.0.7 is much more visually appealing. Kernals work fine for me, i'm running a 1.25ghz lv and its stable. It also fixed the spotty touch responsiveness while connected to a charger. It's definitely a better rom, but despite the enhanced performance, i'm a font junky and 4.0.7 was perfect right from the flash(green theme ftw.) Most people will be thrilled about the difference this rom makes, but for me it's the small things that are keeping this from being a winner.

edit: nevermind, still have issues with the touch screen when connected to a charger.