640k's Positive DROID Thread

OP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks to 640K for this thread and great OP.

I think we should upgrade 640K's username to 1MEG for starting such a great thread! :)
thanks, but 640 of anything is all you'll ever need. ;)

OP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Forgot to mention the Power of the Long Tap. I see a LOT of "issues" brought up from people saying the Droid can't do something...only because they didn't do the Long Tap. I have to admit, I learned a lot from the Long Tap, and sometimes still find new options within apps when trying it.

That's an excellent point -- before complaining about the Droid being "defective," people should make sure they know what they're doing with it! RTFM, baby!

BTW, you do realize, the Droid doesn't come with a Manual. :)

Hard to RTFM without a manual in general.
you DO reallize, there IS one easily accessible with a quick google, don't you? ;)

in all honesty, the only thing I learned from the manual was, if you don't know, long press.

keiichi25

Reaction score
That's an excellent point -- before complaining about the Droid being "defective," people should make sure they know what they're doing with it! RTFM, baby!

BTW, you do realize, the Droid doesn't come with a Manual. :)

Hard to RTFM without a manual in general.
you DO reallize, there IS one easily accessible with a quick google, don't you? ;)

in all honesty, the only thing I learned from the manual was, if you don't know, long press.

Actually, yes, I do.

Problem is, when you are a help desk person in a company where there are a lot of people don't take the time to research or do a google find and knee jerk react to things, it is pretty much obvious that this isn't the first thing the do. :)

Most people I have seen rarely read the manual that comes with things, and, admittedly, neither do I unless I am stumped, but then, I actually try and google research something. :)

OP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Actually, yes, I do.

Problem is, when you are a help desk person in a company where there are a lot of people don't take the time to research or do a google find and knee jerk react to things, it is pretty much obvious that this isn't the first thing the do. :)

Most people I have seen rarely read the manual that comes with things, and, admittedly, neither do I unless I am stumped, but then, I actually try and google research something. :)
dude, I feel your pain. try user punishment. it gets me through the day. lololol.