[6-22] Froyo Kangerade V1.1 - 10% Battery, GUI for scripts, All a2sd option, 7 Themes

markwebb

Reaction score
ok first off... this definitely is an improvement from kangerade v1, however, if you are like me and have numerous apps on ur droid u will have all sorts of issues with v1 and v1.1, so I saw that v1.1 came out the other day and saw that it had an option for installing all apps to sd... well gave it a go and it seemed to be going well, only a few of my apps restored tho so I used a mybackup restore, well I also noticed if u had any widgets installed on SD they wldnt work after a reboot, nor wld they show up in widgets option when tryin to put them back... then had lots of issues with only a few of my apps showing up in launcher pro, while they were on the phone (via manage applications) they wldnt not show up in app drawer, sometimes a relaunch of launcher pro wld help... so in conclusion, its getting better but apps (really important) just arent working right, keep up the good work Jrummy and hopefully w/ the newly released source we can get a better version! (well one that works for me)

See my post from a few moments ago about Beautiful Widgets and Lanucher Pro: It sounds like this is my experience and problem as well. Kind of a bummer as I love this Kangerade. So, widgets can't be moved over, just an "app." I believe I used the script to move all to sd and it moved most of them, including the widgets?

Last edited:

Vaden K

Reaction score
Am having issues with Beautiful Widgets and Beautiful Live Weather. Seems like they disappear from choice of widgets when I long press on any screen, but are listed under Applications. What I have been doing is uninstalling and re-installing the apps. However, it appears the frequency of this annoyance has been increasing.

I didn't seem to have this problem with Kangerade v1.0.

LauncherPro has also been inconsistent since Kangerade v1.1 and settings don't "stick" and I am continually re-launching or restoring defaults.

However, I did not use the Launcher PRO files from this Kangerade v1.1 site page; I originally had the one installed from the market with updates. Could that be the issue?

I also installed the kangerade goodies file wth v1.1 but NOT with v1.0.

Not sure if these issues are related to Kangerade v1.1 but the timing is suspicious.

I am using the old 2.36 beautiful widgets with the hero clock and havent experienced any issues. I was using the ADWlauncher with v1.0 and the stock launcher with v1.1. I was looking into updating to the themed launcherPRO and when I do I'll chime in if any problems are to be found.

therockr92

Reaction score
Anyone having problems with the autosync for apps? I decided to do a wipe on this update, as my phone was feeling a bit bogged down, and the speed definitely returned, but my apps didn't autoinstall. Not a major problem, but wondering if anyone else is having this issue.

I've had this same problem doing a wipe and flashing both BB 0.2.1 and CM 5.0.8, seems to only happen when I do a wipe when flashing, otherwise it works just fine :icon_eek:

taz1458

Reaction score
Not sure what is going on but my phone just seems to randomly restart and freeze up now. I did do a complete wipe and everything coming from 1.0 to 1.1.

paul1ski

Reaction score
lil update

ya I had saw your post about beautiful widgets, I use a similar one called weather widget, wouldnt work for me either, I also noticed that some of the scripts using the new script app wldnt work either and the app would crash,

I finally got clockworkmod to work, flashed an older version using the kangerade scripts, wouldnt work for me using rom manager to flash sbrecovery or clockworkmod (hope that helps anyone experiencing the same problem)

Oh also noticed that alot of my data (app settings) would randomly change back to old settings after reboot, again really annoying... which is a bummer because I think kangerade v1.1 has the potential to be freakin awesome

but only if the app and data issues get figured out... have a hunch it has more to do with the apps themselves, they need to be updated to work for froyo 2.2 apps2sd

I loved the partition feature (standard cyanogen feature I believe for 2.1, also part of Jrummy Remix V.8
All apps and widgets worked perfectly running from the sd card, and the whole app would be installed over to sd card too, unlike froyo 2.2 where it seems to install part on SD and part on Phone... :-/ hmmm (guess that has something to do with the new JIT code in 2.2)

So currently doing a nandroid recovery to Jrummy Remix v0.8 (best rom In my book)

OP
jrummy16

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ok first off... this definitely is an improvement from kangerade v1, however, if you are like me and have numerous apps on ur droid u will have all sorts of issues with v1 and v1.1, let me elaborate, v1 was nice, I like froyo, but when apps were auto-restoring from market I quickly ran out of system space and got a fraction of my aps back... so I restored back to my Jrummy cyanogen mod v.8 remix (truly awesome), so I saw that v1.1 came out the other day and saw that it had an option for installing all apps to sd... well gave it a go and it seemed to be going well, only a few of my apps restored tho so I used a mybackup restore, well I also noticed if u had any widgets installed on SD they wldnt work after a reboot, nor wld they show up in widgets option when tryin to put them back... then had lots of issues with only a few of my apps showing up in launcher pro, while they were on the phone (via manage applications) they wldnt not show up in app drawer, sometimes a relaunch of launcher pro wld help... but not always, now I cant get back into clockwork mod to restore previous nandroid backup, so I am trying to flash sb recovery / clockwork / a bunch of stuff to get it to work again.... so in conclusion, its getting better but apps (really important) just arent working right, keep up the good work Jrummy and hopefully w/ the newly released source we can get a better version! (well one that works for me)

Pretty sure you will have that same issue w/ any froyo rom. Your issue is the way apps 2 sd is implemented in froyo. CM remix works for you cuz a2sd is implemented differently.

iamnotjohn

Reaction score
just got updated from 1.0 :) happy and gonna stick with the ROM till a .2 comes out hehe :D anyways, i put back the old adw launcher from 1.0 :) dancedroid :) thanks Jrummy

Wetzilla

Reaction score
I've been getting pretty poor battery life with both v1 and 1.1 of Kangerade. It seems that my wifi is using far more battery than it has before. I did have my wifi set to never sleep, as my work is a signal black hole and I get at best 1 bar of 3g, and most of the time only one bar of 1x. I didn't have this problem when I was running just a stock froyo image, wifi would usually not even show up in the battery statistics, but now it's at like 15%. I've set the wifi to sleep when the screen goes off now, and it helps, but my battery is still draining much more quickly than before. Anyone else having this issue?

taz1458

Reaction score
just got updated from 1.0 :) happy and gonna stick with the ROM till a .2 comes out hehe :D anyways, i put back the old adw launcher from 1.0 :) dancedroid :) thanks Jrummy
I did as well. Like it better then the 3d version thats on there. Now if only I could cure the restart issue I would be happy.

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
I did as well. Like it better then the 3d version thats on there. Now if only I could cure the restart issue I would be happy.
what are you overclocked @ ?
have you tried taking the speed down?

HEMItude

Reaction score
Upgraded and running smooth! Great stuff....thanks to all involved. :D

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks been looking for the issue for a couple hours..

Did the permissions

X X _
X _ _
X _ _

Reboot

and I'm back in business..>Thanks

Jrummy actually responded and said he may have borked the script and would work on a fix, though with froyo source being released he may be a bit busy lol

Actually, looking through root explorer, the app is replaced, just the permissions are incorrect. I just set them to:

X X -
X - -
X - -

in root explorer, rebooted, and worked fine.

Worked but when using modded music if in the library u go to playlist it fc everytime. Then if u try to go back into the music app it fc off the gate and not allow u to use the music player. Had same issue with previous version of this rom. Switched back to stock music app until anyone might know a fix?

scorpion

Reaction score
Jrmmy Great job man love your roms .. I am having problems with the Google maps thing i typed in the script you posted but it keeps telling me there is no such file .. also would it be possible to make the battery a little bigger some of us are getting old an they % are a little hard to read. :) is there a way we can get all the wall papers/ live one too ?? Great idea on being able to delete apps we don't want but could there be more ?? is there a way to remove sms messaging it doesn't work with froyo like it used to. you can set up different color led anymore with it ..:icon_ banana:

Accidental

Reaction score
Oka now i love this theme

im trying to change my wallpaper and it wont let me... i did it threw the kangerade app and it says it did it but no change

i did it threw the live wallpapers button and didnt change... i copied the live wapaper to the root and applied it the script way and still no change...

am i missing something?