6-14 [ROM] Froyo Kangerade V1.0 *Blazing fast, 7 Theme options, many extras*

EbE404

Reaction score
I am a newly rooted user and I have to tell you Jrummy I love your ROM! I had trouble installing it at first but eventually I got it loaded and will forever be a rooted Droid user.

I do have one problem. I am getting a lot of "foreclosure" messages for apps. I tried using fix permissions in ROM but I am still getting them.

Hi, foxxy

I'm guessing you're meaning "force closes", unless Google is some how trying to repossess their apps ;)

Can you provide more details on what exactly you did while rooting and what specific problems you were running into? This sounds to me like a kernel issue, but more details would help us figure out what to suggest.

smilepak

Reaction score
Just got this installed, worked fairly well. Installed using ROM Manager. Pretty fast and simple.

How do you get flash install on this? Still can't watch HULU

foxxy

Reaction score
lol yes i meant fore closes. I followed the instructions for rooting to 2.1 from droid life without any issues. My problems downloading the Jrummy ROM at first was like many others, i kept getting error messages and it wouldnt complete the download. When I was able to complete the download nothing showed up on my screen but my carrier (Verizon), notifications and battery life. I recovered to my previous ROM, cleared my download cache, wiped data and cache and downloaded the Jrummy Pink lemonade rom using the P3 Droid Kernel with 1.2 ghz. I have it set on the default settings and have not changed anything using set cpu. I thou

Fultz33

Reaction score
In the original post, under the notification change files, the white notification with clock is actually linked to the blue. Can anyone provide me with the white notification with clock file?

thac

Reaction score
I rooted my phone earlier today, and installed this mod and the goodies package. So, I went into recovery to restore my data, and on reboot, I'm stuck at the android froyo animation. Am I screwed?

Edit: When I pull the battery and restart, I can still go into recovery.

Lars1

Reaction score
Hello,

I am a newly rooted newb. I am currently running BB 1.1 and everything is working well.

I really want to try the Kangerade Froyo ROM. I am using CWR and ROM manager.

Today I downloaded the ROM, using ROM manager, checked the boxes for wipe data and cache and made backup.

It seemed to install, reboot and then got hung up on the android loading screen.

Did I do something wrong?

EbE404

Reaction score
lol yes i meant fore closes. I followed the instructions for rooting to 2.1 from droid life without any issues. My problems downloading the Jrummy ROM at first was like many others, i kept getting error messages and it wouldnt complete the download. When I was able to complete the download nothing showed up on my screen but my carrier (Verizon), notifications and battery life. I recovered to my previous ROM, cleared my download cache, wiped data and cache and downloaded the Jrummy Pink lemonade rom using the P3 Droid Kernel with 1.2 ghz. I have it set on the default settings and have not changed anything using set cpu. I thou

Looks like your post got cut off there, not sure if there's more.

OK, first, there could be an issue with the download. Personally, I try to avoid using 3G for downloading something this large, just because it takes too long and there is a lot of potential for something to go screwy with the download.

Second, your issues sound like they are related to the kernel speed. The two options I would suggest would be to use SetCPU to set the maximum to 800, see how that runs for a while, then gradually bump it up until the issues return. That will tell you your max speed and you can start tweaking from there.

If you don't have SetCPU (it sounds like you do), you will also want to double check that you are using one of the kernels specifically listed as working for Froyo and download a new one that has a lower max speed.

Personally, I'm using the P3 1000 LV kernel with the max set at 900 and it's working great. I'm going to try pushing it up to 1000, but I wanted to watch it over a few days to make sure it was behaving.

EbE404

Reaction score
I rooted my phone earlier today, and installed this mod and the goodies package. So, I went into recovery to restore my data, and on reboot, I'm stuck at the android froyo animation. Am I screwed?

You're not screwed. The first boot might take a while, so let it do it's thing for a few minutes and see how it goes.

If it's still locked up, just get back into recovery and reflash the ROM like you did the first time. Were you trying to use recovery to restore things like apps and settings?

Recovery doesn't work like that, it's a way to get back to the "last good" build you had, ROM and all. For restoring apps and settings, you should use something like Titanium or Astro.

Were you using SP Recovery or CW Recovery and ROM Manager to do all of this?

thac

Reaction score

You're not screwed. The first boot might take a while, so let it do it's thing for a few minutes and see how it goes.

If it's still locked up, just get back into recovery and reflash the ROM like you did the first time. Were you trying to use recovery to restore things like apps and settings?

Recovery doesn't work like that, it's a way to get back to the "last good" build you had, ROM and all. For restoring apps and settings, you should use something like Titanium or Astro.

Ah, okay thanks. I reset to factory settings and reinstalled the update.zip and everything started to work alright. I reinstalled my programs via Astro but figured it would have my settings and everything saved on SPRecovery's data backup.

EbE404

Reaction score
Hello,

I am a newly rooted newb. I am currently running BB 1.1 and everything is working well.

I really want to try the Kangerade Froyo ROM. I am using CWR and ROM manager.

Today I downloaded the ROM, using ROM manager, checked the boxes for wipe data and cache and made backup.

It seemed to install, reboot and then got hung up on the android loading screen.

Did I do something wrong?

Hi, Lars

Wait out the boot for a while, the first boot can take several minutes.

Try to get back into recovery and restore the backup. If that works, the I would suggest using ROM Manager to flash SP Recovery and try to use that to flash the Kangerade ROM.

EbE404

Reaction score

Ah, okay thanks. I reset to factory settings and reinstalled the update.zip and everything started to work alright. I reinstalled my programs via Astro but figured it would have my settings and everything saved on SPRecovery's data backup.

No, like I say, recovery doesn't work that way. I'd highly recommend Titanium, as that will store your apps and app settings. You will, however, still need to add your accounts, of course.

EbE404

Reaction score
Just got this installed, worked fairly well. Installed using ROM Manager. Pretty fast and simple.

How do you get flash install on this? Still can't watch HULU

You will find the Flash Player .apk in:

/sdcard/adobeflashplayer

User Astro or something similar to navigate there and run the .apk.

However, Adobe has already released a later version, which you can find here:

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (Link from Droid Life)

As far as Hulu goes, however, we're still SOL-they are on top of the various hacks to get it on the Droid and it's just not happening. Since they've gone on record as having plans to charge for it on mobile devices, I don't suspect that we will get anything other than short-lived hacks to view it, but you never know-somebody might surprise me.

Lars1

Reaction score
[/QUOTE]Try to get back into recovery and restore the backup. If that works, the I would suggest using ROM Manager to flash SP Recovery and try to use that to flash the Kangerade ROM.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply!

I was able to restore. How do I use ROM manager to flash SP recovery? Why would I do that? (not being a smartass, just wondering). Then, what do I do?

Thanks again.

thac

Reaction score
Okay, I got everything back to how I want it looking.. and this *should* be the last dumb question I have.

I want a live wallpaper, there's nothing more I need to do than run the script in Terminal Emulator is there?

EbE404

Reaction score
Try to get back into recovery and restore the backup. If that works, the I would suggest using ROM Manager to flash SP Recovery and try to use that to flash the Kangerade ROM.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply!

I was able to restore. How do I use ROM manager to flash SP recovery? Why would I do that? (not being a smartass, just wondering). Then, what do I do?

Thanks again.[/QUOTE]

Others disagree with me here, but there have been several reports of issues with CW Recovery lately (myself included), which is unfortunate, because it seems to be a really great piece of software, and I know the Dev is a solid guy. However, it sounds like it may have caused a problem for you here. SP Recovery is generally regarded to be rock solid.

Fortunately, ROM Manager has a great feature that will allow you to flash SPRecovery.

1. Open ROM Manager.
2. Scroll down and select "Flash Alternate Recovery". That will flash SPRecovery for you.
3. Place the ROM file directly in your SD Card root and rename it to update.zip.
4. Reboot into recovery (now SPRecovery), and install the update.zip file.

Before doing reflashing the ROM, you may want to boot into recovery to make a new backup, as the CW Nandroid is not compatible with SP and vice versa.