5.9.905 has been pulled

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well the .905 update has been pulled from the servers i wonder if 906 will pop up now as a hybrid of .904 .905 or a completely different up or will they make 905 official?

striker85

Reaction score
What's with the general atmosphere of douchey comments lately?

I was on 905 but went back to 902. Something didn't seem right with it. Battery life seemed to lack and signal handoffs weren't as smooth with 902.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well the .905 update has been pulled from the servers i wonder if 906 will pop up now as a hybrid of .904 .905 or a completely different up or will they make 905 official?

This is normal. Builds found on the "Cheesecake" servers are ALWAYS hit or miss. It was probably on the server I found it on for a specific purpose at the time. These servers never remain static, and it's hit or miss as to which server is even up at a given time. If a build disappears off one of these servers, it honestly means nothing at all.

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dave12308 said:
This is normal. Builds found on the "Cheesecake" servers are ALWAYS hit or miss. It was probably on the server I found it on for a specific purpose at the time. These servers never remain static, and it's hit or miss as to which server is even up at a given time. If a build disappears off one of these servers, it honestly means nothing at all.

True but new updates are exciting an 905 has kinda been not so exciting to begin with or 904 if anything both of them have failed in some aspect do u agree?

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
well till ics most people will say that they fail. Just seeing development for the bionic makes me happy. Anything they can did or prepare the phone for ics is good to me.

Sent from my test subject DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Batman8

Reaction score
I'm not upset that it was pulled at all. I was on .904 and had data connection issues so I tried .905 and it was actually worse as far as data, and it also had issues with connecting some of my bluetooth devices. But when I started to see widgets disappearing from my home screens...that was the last straw! So I went back to .902 where I think I'll stay until ICS hits.

At least .902 feels the most stable, is an "official" release, AND I know I will still be on the upgrade path and therefore have no problems updating to ICS when it's ready.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
True but new updates are exciting an 905 has kinda been not so exciting to begin with or 904 if anything both of them have failed in some aspect do u agree?

Well, i'm back on .902 personally, as i'm confident that one day we will finally see an official OTA and I wanna be ready for it. However, I hear .905 is playing "nice" with the ICS ROMs, much better data than on .902

If this indeed holds true, it is encouraging. I only hope that whatever data fixes they come up with are incorporated into our final ICS OTA, and I hope moving to Android 4.0.x doesn't put us back to "square 1" so to speak.

ICS is basically a "fail" all the way around so far, as it should be on basically every modern phone as of right now; and new phones with Gingerbread shouldn't even be on the way.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not upset that it was pulled at all. I was on .904 and had data connection issues so I tried .905 and it was actually worse as far as data, and it also had issues with connecting some of my bluetooth devices. But when I started to see widgets disappearing from my home screens...that was the last straw! So I went back to .902 where I think I'll stay until ICS hits.

At least .902 feels the most stable, is an "official" release, AND I know I will still be on the upgrade path and therefore have no problems updating to ICS when it's ready.

Not saying it's user error, but it may be your device or something that is installed on it. I have personally heard of no one experiencing these issues on .905 - most say data is MORE solid, and i've never heard of disappearing widgets. Still, there is a reason why it was found on a developer's server and not as a public OTA.

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Makes me glad I have left .902 alone! Been working pretty well. Kinda wondering whether Moto found that whatever they were intending to fix, did not work and maybe scrapped another update before ICS. My Bionic will hold me over till then. I am due for an upgrade around October. By then, will be interesting to see what Verizon does with global phones. That quad core Samsung S3 could be attractive if they release it here!

Sent from my butt-kick'n DROID BIONIC Bionic using Tapatalk2

mike02vr6

Reaction score
I am on.902 and ever since I updated my 4g is basically nonexistent, written prior tho it I had decent speeds, now 3g is Faster. I how the next build is better

bluezdawg

Reaction score
I am on.902 and ever since I updated my 4g is basically nonexistent, written prior tho it I had decent speeds, now 3g is Faster. I how the next build is better

Lot's of folks have had different experiences with .902, both positive & negative. I've had pretty good luck with 4g and switching between 4g & 3g. I know that Big Red did some infrastructure enhancements in our area right before .902 was released.

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
bluezdawg said:
Lot's of folks have had different experiences with .902, both positive & negative. I've had pretty good luck with 4g and switching between 4g & 3g. I know that Big Red did some infrastructure enhancements in our area right before .902 was released.

Yeah 902 works fine for me but i have notice my extended battery doesnt last as long as it use to or is just me? I think i might just have increased my user mileage than what i normally do an still nothing on cheese cake so far

Last edited:

kurumatt

Reaction score
I'm running 905 and love it. 904 didn't work well for me. Whatever was changed works.