My Data is Completely Dead

OP
Captain Crypto
Reaction score
Hmmm... If the SIM is fried, it ain't my fault! As for losing root, I guess it doesn't matter to me much since I only use it for root explorer and Titanium Backup for freezing bloat. It was nice having an unlocked bootloader on the Droid and ROMing the heck out of it...

moset

Reaction score
Just a thought, this seemed to work for some with the Razr 181 update. Power off and wait a full 5 minutes or so. It was explained that the radio can take several minutes to fully reset even with a battery pull due to capacitors having to discharge.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
Captain Crypto
Reaction score
Just a thought, this seemed to work for some with the Razr 181 update. Power off and wait a full 5 minutes or so. It was explained that the radio can take several minutes to fully reset even with a battery pull due to capacitors having to discharge.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Just tried that, too. It's hosed. Off to Verizon I go in an hour.

OP
Captain Crypto
Reaction score
Welp, I'm back from Verizon. After all kinds of messing around with the phone, they had to do a factory reset. My phone is naked, but it retained root! No idea what caused the problem, but I think it was the .905 OTA in conflict with something I had installed. I wish I knew what that was...

I guess I know what I'm doing with my Friday night... as if I were going to do anything else anyway. :nerd:

null

Reaction score
I had this same thing happen to me soon after I got the phone. What I ended up doing was turning off the phone and pulling the SIM card, booted up the phone without the SIM card (let it boot fully), shut it off, then replaced the SIM card and re-did the *228 activation and within about 2 minutes I had data back and working again.