Official ICS update just bricked my phone

DoctorV

Reaction score
I'm getting the same issue as the OP except I used HoB.

Followed the instructions in DOS window for the HoB 9 file.

Eventually Bionic showed green Adroid with spinning blue tetrahedron and a progress bar. Bar filled all the way and phone rebooted with startup sound. Phone is on with a black screen with lit up buttons. Phone rebooted again with startup sound. Phone is on with a black screen with lit up buttons. Screen is flickering but still black, buttons are lighting up and turning off and alternating. Occasionally getting quick vibration feedback. Holding power does nothing.

Did a battery pull. Powered on. Same thing.

What did I do wrong? :(

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
DoctorV said:
I'm getting the same issue as the OP except I used HoB.

Followed the instructions in DOS window for the HoB 9 file.

Eventually Bionic showed green Adroid with spinning blue tetrahedron and a progress bar. Bar filled all the way and phone rebooted with startup sound. Phone is on with a black screen with lit up buttons. Phone rebooted again with startup sound. Phone is on with a black screen with lit up buttons. Screen is flickering but still black, buttons are lighting up and turning off and alternating. Occasionally getting quick vibration feedback. Holding power does nothing.

Did a battery pull. Powered on. Same thing.

What did I do wrong? :(

Just fxz it the 246 fxz is out

Sent from my 2.106 ghz quadrant score 5680 .246 Droid Bionic using Droid Forums

D

Developer

I'm glad I didn't experience this issue when I finally got my update.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

DoctorV

Reaction score
Just fxz it the 246 fxz is out

Sent from my 2.106 ghz quadrant score 5680 .246 Droid Bionic using Droid Forums

I am so sorry but I am confused as hell. I believe I have an idea on how to FXZ but I'm missing some details. As far as I know I go into AP fastboot on my phone, open RSD Lite 5.7 and then I'm supposed to open an ICS .246 file within RSD and that's what Im confused about. I have an .exe file I got from HoB called, "SamuriHL_HouseOfBionic_FXZ_(6.7.246).exe" but when I run it it drops a folder titled "SamuriHL_HouseOfBionic" with a bunch of files in it. And from here my brain stops working.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
That file is used ONLY for the HoB. It's not the full FXZ. You need the full one I posted in post 14, then use RSD Lite to flash it.

bluezdawg

Reaction score
ICS OTA Observations: (downloaded from system updates)
  • October 23 10:00
  • Phone was stock .905, never rooted/modified
  • Took about 40 min to download and install
  • Most apps on desktop reappeared with the exception of an app called Folder Editor and apps in those folders. 86'd the app, like stacking apps anyway
  • Bionic seems wicked fast!
  • No whine or hiss on audio, used earbuds and Bose QuietSound headset.
  • Noticed that I do not see all my music in the standard Play Music app, but shows up in PowerAmp
  • Beautiful Widgets clock and weather skins work, calendar widget does not
  • Email apps work fine (Notes Traveler, Gmail, Xfinity)
  • Ran Quadrant(2572). not quite as fast as my Asus Infinity (4400), but works ok.
  • October 24 6:30am
  • At coffee shop, normally no 3g only wireless. Now 4G! Did Speed Test, 8mb down, 4mb up, I'll take it! Liking this! Initial thoughts, very pleased so far! Will keep checking things out and update on observations and progress
  • 8:16 PM Only slightly negative thing so far is that I noticed my battery life was a bit worse. I normally unplug from charger at 6:00 am'ish and get home aroud 6:30 pm'ish, normally have about 60% battery life, today was about 40% (use extended life battery)
  • Ran another Quadrant, had not rebooted, still runs about 2570
  • TIP: If you need to take a screen-shot, hold down power and volume-down bottons at the same time
  • TIP: Good YouTube video showing ICS basics (on RAZR) http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?p=2312085

DoctorV

Reaction score
That file is used ONLY for the HoB. It's not the full FXZ. You need the full one I posted in post 14, then use RSD Lite to flash it.

Mother of mercy! Thank you Sarge and Sam! :hail: My Bionic FINALLY has ICS on it. I never thought I'd see the day :)

Just a heads up to others that are upgrading this way your game saves and media will be deleted so be sure to back them up.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just downloaded and installed ota. Observations:
  • Beautiful Widgets clock and weather skins work, calendar widget does not
It didn't work for me either. At least when I touched the clock the timer came up and touching the sun the weather came up, but the calendar didn't. I went into the BW settings and found that part had been sent to "nothing." Just changed it to Calendar and it worked fine.

bluezdawg

Reaction score
[/LIST]
It didn't work for me either. At least when I touched the clock the timer came up and touching the sun the weather came up, but the calendar didn't. I went into the BW settings and found that part had been sent to "nothing." Just changed it to Calendar and it worked fine.

Thx aaf, got calendar working. Enjoying voice commands & smart actions. Been running a couple of hours, all seems well so far. trying to get my desktop looking like my Asus Infinity Jelly Bean tablet as I can :) Will see how battery holds up tomorrow.

Sent from my ICS DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk2

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
For anyone else that does the upgrade and has lag and radio problems after, be patient. I just upgraded wife's phone tonight and it took forever to even turn on radio and get contacts to show. Phone was very laggy for quite a while (15+ min, maybe longer). When things settled down, I cleared cache through recovery and everything looks good. This was coming from stock .905. It was weird seeing .905 on her phone, my phone's been on ICS forever...

bluezdawg

Reaction score
For anyone else that does the upgrade and has lag and radio problems after, be patient. I just upgraded wife's phone tonight and it took forever to even turn on radio and get contacts to show. Phone was very laggy for quite a while (15+ min, maybe longer). When things settled down, I cleared cache through recovery and everything looks good. This was coming from stock .905. It was weird seeing .905 on her phone, my phone's been on ICS forever...

Noticed the same, 15-20 minute period where the phone seemed to be trying to find its way, but everything is working awesome after that initial period.

JustNewListings.com

Reaction score
after ICS update today my phone is unusable. apps and gmail working very slow or not at all. Gmail will not sync nor the gmail widget, etc.

so I move on to start the phone over with reset and then get the ICS update with a clean phone and no apps in the way.

There is a constant kindle app trying to install or update I can't get rid of...not sure if it's interfering with reset.

I try to reset and "Erase everything" and nothing happens. I can't even reset the phone after rebooting over and over. the reset will not effect a reset.

Any ideas on how to get my reset to occur????

If nothing I'll take it to V tomorrow and ask for help.

It's an old phone I gave my wife since she lost her phone. But now it's hardly usable period.

So after hours and hours....the next morning I power up the phone and it is working smoothly , gmail widgets are populating, etc. It was just a slow transition with some very slow downloads I suppose that dragged it way out for me.

Happy.

And today is Jellybean for my S3 supposedly!

VinnyVino718

Reaction score
SamuriHL You Rock!

This worked for me! You guys are a godsend. Used the file in post 14, like Samuri said, RSD'ed it, and as soon as I heard the boot up sound I was relieved! I've been searching and trying to fix this for like 6 hours... Wish I'd have stumbled on this thread sooner. Guess 4 am is no time to try to recover your Bionic!

Thanks again Android community. Gotta go start messing with my phone again! LOL