5.8.894 offical update before ICS update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
Anything info that comes out right now is nothing more than rumor, speculation and innuendo.
There is not a single rep, tech or supervisor in any capacity that would talk to a customer who knows what the final version of the update will be at this time.

They're telling people what they want to hear in order to get them off the phones and placate them for the time being.

Thats all.

We wont know for sure what the OTA version is going to be until Moto begins the soak test.

y0yoyo

Reaction score
When the ICS update is actually pushed by verizon youll be able to update. Moto has just figured out that people are pulling updates from their servers and put a system check so if youve installed any leaked updates via cheesecake you cant do it again. Theyll take the system check off once its officially pushed. So basically whenever you get the notification that to update to ics it wont matter what version your kernel is it will update.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

this is what i wanted to hear...thank you sir

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well I said 1-2 because you said late January for ICS, and if that really is the order of release, that means between now and late January, with a little lenience into February, that's a good 3-4 updates within 1-2 months. Maybe it's 4 months for ICS to be on everything, but I'm talking about all of the updates.

I guess we'll see though, at this point I'm not believing anything until I get the update available in my notification bar or my System Update search works.
Its 1-2 months for the people that have the 5.8.894 update on their phone but if ur stock or have applied any update it will take about four months i am kust repeating what the lead tech told me

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anything info that comes out right now is nothing more than rumor, speculation and innuendo.
There is not a single rep, tech or supervisor in any capacity that would talk to a customer who knows what the final version of the update will be at this time.

They're telling people what they want to hear in order to get them off the phones and placate them for the time being.
:D
Thats all.
Not true there will be no soak test verizon has presured them to point that they are juat going tobrol the update out the soak test was a good idea but unfortuanetly it fell on closed ears cuz the people that have already signed up for the test havent seen anything an the update is going to be rolling out in the first of january

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
i have a question and maybe someone could help me with it...im not a cell phone guru but i installed the 5.5.893 update that was leaked maybe a month and a half ago and i have been very happy with it...camera is where i like it and ive never really had any issues with data drops...so what i want to do now is get back on the path to ICS...how do i do this? ive heard bare bone stock, and also stock but im not sure which one i need to go back to and how i even get back to that....AND if i do get back to stock should i download the 5.5.894 update from this forum or wait for motorola to send me the update? thanks alot guys!
Ur ok u are still on the update path the .893 update is an official one just one update in a set of 4 updates to come

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score

:D
Thats all.
Not true there will be no soak test verizon has presured them to point that they are juat going tobrol the update out the soak test was a good idea but unfortuanetly it fell on closed ears cuz the people that have already signed up for the test havent seen anything an the update is going to be rolling out in the first of january
Quote fail lmao

rdgxray

Reaction score
Just got an email from moto...soak test starts tomorrow ...goes through weekend! It is happening!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

ccsoty

Reaction score
I'm confused...

Why if I'm Bare Bone Stock would I need to have multiple updates? Just update to the 5.8.894 and be done with it.
Shouldn't need to update to preview versions. Just apply last build..

OOOOhhhhhhh Is it because they don't have a development process at Motorola to release the updates as ONE BUILD, and instead patched multiple prior patches to achieve latest build?
Meaning it does no good to simply to go 5.8.894 directly. Seems kinda dumb.

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
ccsoty;[URL="tel:1886220" said:
1886220[/URL]]I'm confused...

Why if I'm Bare Bone Stock would I need to have multiple updates? Just update to the 5.8.894 and be done with it.

OOOOhhhhhhh Is it because they don't have a development process at Motorola to release the updates as ONE BUILD, and instead patched multiple prior patches to achieve latest build?
well thats what i thought to but u can go straight to 5.8.894 but moto told me that the people that are stock an have applied any leaked update has to do the multiple updates since they are all partial updates but official updates lol partial but official sounds kinda stupid

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
ccsoty;[URL="tel:1886220" said:
1886220[/URL]]I'm confused...

ok i am going to explain this throughly since people are either confused or bashing on my thread I updated to version 5.8.894 i called both verizon an moto talked with muliple reps not just 2 i also talked to 2 different lead techs at moto they stated that the 5.8.894 is the latest official version for the droid bionic before they roll out the ICS update to the droid bionic. they also stated they were aware of the leaked updates an have taken steps to allow the official update to be applied to anyone that has a leaked install. they also stated that the update will only be avaible to those who have installed the leaked updates through Verizon ( they dont know that people that are bare bone stock can cheese cake this update where as people that have previous updates can not ). they also gave me a timeline they said who ever has the 5.8.894 update now will get the ICS update with in 1-2 months after it launches anyone that has leaked updates will have to go the update process before they can get the ICS update an will take about 4 months for the people in this predicament to be fully updated with ICS with at the most a 1 month deviation from this timeline for both people with 5.8.894 and without. they also told me the soak test was currently up in the air but as u can see in the previous post they have finally made up there mind an launched it for this weekend. i hope this answers everyones question, concerns, skepticisms and or confusion.

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mbk;[URL="tel:1886237" said:
1886237[/URL]]Software Update: DROID BIONIC by Motorola - COMING SOON!

says we are to expect 5.5.893...from VZW website itself
its wrong verizon stated an so did moto that they pulled that update due to problems with the update that update they have post on he VZ site is the same update that was first leaked as u can tell there have been newer updates since then.

Tcizzle

Reaction score
Well, i wouldn't throw it passed either company to backpedal. Maybe they saw some things in the newer leaks that didn't work so well. Just speculating of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.