5.8.894 offical update before ICS update

Status
Not open for further replies.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Well damn, no wonder it took so long, look at that laundry list!

Though I really hope buyers who are on the fence about a Bionic don't come across that list and assume it's a problem with all, or at least most, of the phones. Overall the Bionic is a sweet phone and I love mine, but I will gladly admit that if I lost data 3+ times a day I'd be pretty irritated as well. Maybe 3x a week for me, nothing I can't deal with though....

Also, no offense OP, but I am VERY skeptical of your claims. 3-4 OTA updates in a 1-2 month period seems very unlikely, especially since all of those updates are leaks. I would also like to see a source for this, as that just doesn't really make sense to me, especially if the aforementioned list is going to be covered in just one of those updates.

Last edited:
OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well damn, no wonder it took so long, look at that laundry list!

Though I really hope buyers who are on the fence about a Bionic don't come across that list and assume it's a problem with all, or at least most, of the phones. Overall the Bionic is a sweet phone and I love mine, but I will gladly admit that if I lost data 3+ times a day I'd be pretty irritated as well. Maybe 3x a week for me, nothing I can't deal with though....

Also, no offense OP, but I am VERY skeptical of your claims. 3-4 OTA updates in a 1-2 month period seems very unlikely, especially since all of those updates are leaks. I would also like to see a source for this, as that just doesn't really make sense to me, especially if the aforementioned list is going to be covered in just one of those updates.
Well apparrently what moto did is they did they update process in partials why they did that ur guess is as good as mine i think they should have done it in one big patch but lol that is a huge patch about 200 mb of patch software lol try downloading that in less than 5 min but the ICS update will be the biggest an i just got off the phone with the lead supervisor for tech support 5.8.894 is the official lats maintenance update for the bionic so when u install it u just got to wait for ICS to pop up on ur notification bar. An he siad it will take about 4 months forever bionic to be fully updated with the patches and OS not 1-2 lol thats a bit grandeos.

jeremym

Reaction score
Well if you are correct then soon we should see a 5.7.893 to 5.8.894 update leaked

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well if you are correct then soon we should see a 5.7.893 to 5.8.894 update leaked
Well that is true but the problem right now is they have that system checker for the 5.8.894 an it was implimented cuz the 5.7.894 update failed to stop the cheesecakers from hacking the servers an the moto tech said they were aware of the leaked up dates an the update they are going to give verizon will not have the system checker so us poor guinea pigs wont be left out in the dark since we did give them a huge leg up in developing these patches

Zecpull

Reaction score
But you would still have to Root, to get this file in.. Then you may not get ICS next month.. ?

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
But you would still have to Root, to get this file in.. Then you may not get ICS next month.. ?
unfortuanetly u have to be bare bone stock to apply the 5.8.894 update for now no root required if u use my link as for root on ICS well thats currently up in the air if it doesnt retain root we will have to hope the devs come up with something

jkliving92

Reaction score
Well that sucks. Would be nice if someone could unzip the update find the system checker and disable it. I hate dropping service for no reason.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

y0yoyo

Reaction score
i have a question and maybe someone could help me with it...im not a cell phone guru but i installed the 5.5.893 update that was leaked maybe a month and a half ago and i have been very happy with it...camera is where i like it and ive never really had any issues with data drops...so what i want to do now is get back on the path to ICS...how do i do this? ive heard bare bone stock, and also stock but im not sure which one i need to go back to and how i even get back to that....AND if i do get back to stock should i download the 5.5.894 update from this forum or wait for motorola to send me the update? thanks alot guys!

sgregory111

Reaction score
I am at 5.7.893 and plan on waiting for the dust to settle before I decide what to do. I just hope I can wait!

I still have some data issues, but way better. I am happy with my phone but of course all of use here always want the newer and better versions.

Master_Arbiter

Reaction score
I installed the first leaked UD...where does that place me?

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Well apparrently what moto did is they did they update process in partials why they did that ur guess is as good as mine i think they should have done it in one big patch but lol that is a huge patch about 200 mb of patch software lol try downloading that in less than 5 min but the ICS update will be the biggest an i just got off the phone with the lead supervisor for tech support 5.8.894 is the official lats maintenance update for the bionic so when u install it u just got to wait for ICS to pop up on ur notification bar. An he siad it will take about 4 months forever bionic to be fully updated with the patches and OS not 1-2 lol thats a bit grandeos.

Well I said 1-2 because you said late January for ICS, and if that really is the order of release, that means between now and late January, with a little lenience into February, that's a good 3-4 updates within 1-2 months. Maybe it's 4 months for ICS to be on everything, but I'm talking about all of the updates.

I guess we'll see though, at this point I'm not believing anything until I get the update available in my notification bar or my System Update search works.

Last edited:

jkliving92

Reaction score
i have a question and maybe someone could help me with it...im not a cell phone guru but i installed the 5.5.893 update that was leaked maybe a month and a half ago and i have been very happy with it...camera is where i like it and ive never really had any issues with data drops...so what i want to do now is get back on the path to ICS...how do i do this? ive heard bare bone stock, and also stock but im not sure which one i need to go back to and how i even get back to that....AND if i do get back to stock should i download the 5.5.894 update from this forum or wait for motorola to send me the update? thanks alot guys!

When the ICS update is actually pushed by verizon youll be able to update. Moto has just figured out that people are pulling updates from their servers and put a system check so if youve installed any leaked updates via cheesecake you cant do it again. Theyll take the system check off once its officially pushed. So basically whenever you get the notification that to update to ics it wont matter what version your kernel is it will update.

Status
Not open for further replies.