4.0.4 update zip!

combatmedic870

Reaction score
radio improved signal from 1 bar 4g to 4 bars 4g. I am happy now. hopefully now i will have 2 bars 4g like i had with the rezound instead of 3g at work.....

jerroedr

Reaction score
radio improved signal from 1 bar 4g to 4 bars 4g. I am happy now. hopefully now i will have 2 bars 4g like i had with the rezound instead of 3g at work.....
is the signal strength stronger or you just have more bars?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anybody get root access to work? I've tried flashing the SU zip in clockwork and I get a (Status 0) error.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Still no official update of 4.0.3, and yet we have 4.0.4 ready. C'mon Verizon/Google, get it together:D

edit: can't install. Rooted and ROMd....at least with the androidcentral version. Still gotta check out XDA

Nealius

Reaction score
Cmon Dezy. Its not Google that has slowed down the Ota's. You know its Verizon's fault

Sent from my GummyNex'd Galaxy Nexus!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Cmon Dezy. Its not Google that has slowed down the Ota's. You know its Verizon's fault

Sent from my GummyNex'd Galaxy Nexus!

Yeah you're absolutely right, but I partly blame Google for not backing their own "baby" enough. We can always count on developers though :hail:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
If you are fully stock with a locked bootloader you can't use this update because the zip needs to be in cache but theres no way to put it there without being rooted. You are going to have to unlock and boot CWM and then you can flash it.

Here is the zip from tbh so you update your radios and bootloader from any previous versions. It seems like most people get better reception with these radios.

I would recommend staying on a 4.0.3 rom with the 4.0.4 radios. I am sure 4.0.4 source will be out soon then 4.0.4 roms will start coming out. 4.0.3 roms with custom kernel will probably get you better performance anyways.

Any other questions?

lazarus2297

Reaction score
Good question. Have the dBm and asu #'s changed for the better?

i flashed this and my house is in a 3G only area and my DB's are identical in my house as they were 4.0.2 and 4.0.3 I can't speak for 4G until tomorrow afternoon..

i see anywere from -93, -83, -75 in the same exact location with out moving/touching my phone and that hasn't changed..

oh and no native facebook sync at the moment in case anyone was wondering..

one more edit..

just pressing the shutter button and autofocusing (instead of tapping the screen first) seems to produce better results from what i can remember with 4.0.2

Last edited:
Reaction score
More differences!

• Noticeably Faster
  • Long-pressing on a blank spot on the last page of app tray bug is gone
  • New Radios
  • New Power Menu. New from 4.0.2, familiar to those who have used a stock 4.0.3 rom. Screenshot here
  • PRIMELA03 Bootloader
  • Faster boot up time
  • Auto-brightness Functionality changed. Smooth transition
  • Holding down camera button now refocuses again
  • Multitouch issue seems resolved. Screenshot here

nice! when the official OTA update coming for us non-rooted folks? :D

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
nice! when the official OTA update coming for us non-rooted folks? :D
You don't have to root to get this update. You just have to be unlocked. You then fastboot boot CWM then flash the zip then lock your phone and you will be good.