4.0.4 official...where?

iOSfails

Reaction score
Exactly that...where is the official 4.0.4 update for LTE? I know the zip is out there but I don't plan on unlocking or rooting til I get the official update.

Why the delay? Is it Google or Verizon?

hondaguy520

Reaction score
Official isn't out yet.... I unlocked rooted and installed unofficial one.. wugs root kit makes it easy.. then when official comes out you can use the root kit to go back to stock and update ota. Not sure if its Verizon or Google.

Sent from my Googlaxus using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Official isn't out. You'll definitely see a thread here once it's out. It's a Google update, but could very well be a delay because of Verizon. Who knows.

hondaguy520

Reaction score
Does Verizon not know we do NOT want there CRAP on OUR phones?

Sent from my Googlaxus using DroidForums

phaattboy98

Reaction score
That's what I want to know where's the update going to come out

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
iOSfails

iOSfails

Reaction score
People have told me its so simple to unlock and root Android devices. I SERIOUSLY plan to do so with my Gnex. I'm just worried.
In the 4+ years I've had a rootable device but I've always thought it'd be just my luck to turn my phone into a paperweight.
I've been seeing Wugs Toolkit pop up on many forums so I'm assuming this is a reliable and simple method..?
I'm a n00b when it comes to unlocking and rooting (obviously) so bear with me.
Also, does rooting slow down the phone (i.e. swiping from home pages, scrolling the app drawer, adding/removing widgets/apps..) like the "jailbreaks" do for iPhones?

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
You can't brick a Nexus device. Or most devices for that matter. Just follow directions carefully and you will be fine. In no means does rooting your phone make it any slower. It simply gives you administrator access to all aspects of your phone's software. If anything rooting simply enables you to make your device faster and more battery efficient.

Last edited:
OP
iOSfails

iOSfails

Reaction score
I've heard that too. I'll give it a whirl then. Doing so will wipe the phone though, yes? Anyway around this or do I have to back everything up myself?
And what's the best method to use for unlocking and rooting?

OP
iOSfails

iOSfails

Reaction score
Excellent! I've been excited about rooting so this should be great!
What are some cool things to do when root is achieved?

Reaction score
is there a prize for the 1 millionth and one thread on this topic or something? :icon_eek:

OP
iOSfails

iOSfails

Reaction score
Geez, sorry. Doesn't matter anymore. I've unlocked, rooted, and flashed 4.0.4 to my phone. Everything's golden now. Thanks everybody!

What should I do now that I have root??

Sent from my Gnex using DroidForums