Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
nexus-404-update.jpg

If you've been running a stock Nexus and have been patiently waiting for the 4.0.4 update, your wait is over. Thanks to our friends over at XDA and Droid-Life, we now have the
4.0.4 IMM76K update available for manual installation.

Download Link

Instructions [Rooted users]
:

1. First, you have to be stock and rooted, running 4.0.2 (ICL53F).
2. You also have to be running the stock radios ek02 and ek05
(found here).
3. Download the update file to your internal storage.
4. Rename to update.zip if you’d like.
5. Reboot into recovery and make a backup just to be safe.
6. Select “install zip from sdcard” and then “choose” and find the file.
7. Apply it and reboot. Enjoy 4.0.4 and hopefully a lot less bugs.

*Note – If you are running a custom ROM and do not have an ICL53F backup, you can return to stock by
following this set of instructions.Remember that you don’t want to do the “fastboot oem lock” command though.
*Note 2 – If you are running the leaked 4.0.4 (IMM30B), it is looking like you will need to go back to ICL53F, unless someone can find a full blown IMM76F .zip or a .zip that takes you from IMM30B to it.

Instructions [Non-rooted users]
:

1. Non-roots, you can use the Galaxy Nexus Toolkit from XDA to flash a temporary custom recovery.
2. After doing that, you can flash the file and update. Upon rebooting, you will have stock recovery back.
3. So it seems like you are “rooting” but you aren’t. After updating, you will be back to fully stock.
4. Links:
Instructions | Toolkit

Source: Galaxy Nexus Forum via Droid-Life via XDA

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Droid Th3ory has a flashable zip where you don't need to do anything at all. With his ROMs and stuff he has a script that does everything for you. I haven't had to wipe cache, dalvik, or data on my own manually for the past month and a half.

It will Flash the Bootloader, Revert the LTE, Patch the LTE to the New and Flash the CDMA.

http://www.droidhive.com/forum...

Last edited:

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
so these radios are even newer than the leaked 4.0.4 from before right?

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Love this stuff! I've been reading the xda thread all day. Someone yanked the zip file from a phone at a vzw store and emailed it to himself to share with others! Way to go! :icon_ lala:

*edit, not a zip file.. just took a pic of a needed url. Still, some good spy work! lol

Last edited:

hondaguy520

Reaction score
What about using wugs tool kit and going back to stock then flashing this?

Also is this rooted? Or will I need to reroot?

Sent from my Googlaxus

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Now I can finally feel good about recommending this phone to non-rooters. The 4.0.2 radios were too garbage to recommend using, and obviously, non-rooters have no choice but to run what is accepted OTA.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
and if you're pure rooted 4.0.2, this doesn't patch root - correct?

Howardmgm3

Reaction score
Now I can finally feel good about recommending this phone to non-rooters. The 4.0.2 radios were too garbage to recommend using, and obviously, non-rooters have no choice but to run what is accepted OTA.

I have the original Droid and have been eligible for upgrade since December.
My plan all along was the get the Samsung Nexus. But then I started reading too many that complained of signal strength problems. I could care less about aps or video or camera. With my job I need access to the internet, and phone reception at ALL times. Even if only 10% had the signal problems, I cannot take ANY risk of having a phone with reception problems. That is a deal breaker for me.
Furthermore I have no clue on rooting, flashing, romming or whatever and only want a stock phone.
With this, is it finally safe to get this phone without fear of reception problems?
Thanks...Howard

Josefius

Reaction score
Will I lose all my icons and settings? Or will this be like applying the OTA?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I have the original Droid and have been eligible for upgrade since December.
My plan all along was the get the Samsung Nexus. But then I started reading too many that complained of signal strength problems. I could care less about aps or video or camera. With my job I need access to the internet, and phone reception at ALL times. Even if only 10% had the signal problems, I cannot take ANY risk of having a phone with reception problems. That is a deal breaker for me.
Furthermore I have no clue on rooting, flashing, romming or whatever and only want a stock phone.
With this, is it finally safe to get this phone without fear of reception problems?
Thanks...Howard

Everyone's experiences will differ, but in my experiences, I definitely say yes. Ever since first running the updated radios back for 4.0.3 I believe, all of my reception issues were gone. I really only suffered from the muting microphone issue, but all is well and has been for a good while now. The new radios are by far my favorite.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I lost root access after flashing this. Would it be dumb to try flashing the su.zip for the previous leaked 4.0.4?

edit: flashing the 4.0.4 su .zip file for the previously leaked 4.0.4 works

Last edited:

Josefius

Reaction score
The download to the 4.0.4 image seems broken, is there another link?

Ok, I got it from someone's dropbox, do I need to unlock my boot loader to get this to work? I'm trying to boot CWM touch recovery and it's just sitting at < waiting for device >

Last edited:

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but so far, "Android OS" sure seems to be taking up a lot less in the battery stats.

sent from my phone