[Download & Instructions] Galaxy Nexus 4.0.4 Build IMM76K

Josefius

Reaction score
Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit | WugFresh

I used this toolkit and it works like a charm. I think the latest su.zip has the binaries to root 4.0.4 unless IMM76K changed drastically. Make a backup and see. Remember though, unlocking your device wipes EVERYTHING! Apps, pictures, settings, etc.

I already unlocked my boot loader, are you saying rooting will wipe it again? And which version do I choose when launching the toolbox?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

CJLee89

Reaction score
I already unlocked my boot loader, are you saying rooting will wipe it again? And which version do I choose when launching the toolbox?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
No, just unlocking will wipe the phone. You have an option to wipe the phone while flashing a ROM but it is not always necessary. Im assuming you have the Verizon Nexus, so you would choose CDMA/LTE.

hondaguy520

Reaction score
can anyone verify this fixing any radio problems ?

ive had 4.0.4 IMM30B for a while but everytime i go from wifi to 3g it stays grey until i manually turn off data then turn it back on. this is also the case 70% of the time after a phone call. it would be nice for my phone to resume data after wifi is turned off or after a call ends without have to do that EVERYTIME ... other than that.. my nexus rocks

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
can anyone verify this fixing any radio problems ?

ive had 4.0.4 IMM30B for a while but everytime i go from wifi to 3g it stays grey until i manually turn off data then turn it back on. this is also the case 70% of the time after a phone call. it would be nice for my phone to resume data after wifi is turned off or after a call ends without have to do that EVERYTIME ... other than that.. my nexus rocks

What I can do is tell you my experience with the new radios so far. I am able to pull 4g at work which I have not been able to do prior to installing them. Also, I live in an area (different area then work) where 4g is spotty and as a result I was getting a lot of switching back and forth. Now I have been getting a solid 3g connection which to me is a good thing.

But what is happening to you is extreme and should not be going on. You may be better off just taking your device in and trying to get a replacement unless you would like to try this first.

Josefius

Reaction score
No, just unlocking will wipe the phone. You have an option to wipe the phone while flashing a ROM but it is not always necessary. Im assuming you have the Verizon Nexus, so you would choose CDMA/LTE.

Which toolkit should I use?

*EDIT*

I got Wugfresh and it works... thanks.

Last edited: