[ROM] [4.0.4][IMM76I] Apex v1.1.2: Back with a Vengeance! (5/8/12)

suzukimethod

Reaction score
which kernel did you flash? (@chewy) (and is the same one that's in the new 1.01 build?)

i'll probably flash 1.01 first, then try a kernel....

chewy74

Reaction score
No, the same rom will effect each phone differently. I suggest running the rom as packaged and if you find the same issues I did, or don't like the performance, then try flashing the suggested kernel.

This rom is performing so smoothly and I'm extremely happy with it so far

bigmotor

Reaction score
No, the same rom will effect each phone differently. I suggest running the rom as packaged and if you find the same issues I did, or don't like the performance, then try flashing the suggested kernel.

This rom is performing so smoothly and I'm extremely happy with it so far

Thanks so much....dancedroid

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just downloaded Boot manager so I've been able to give a few more ROMs a fair shake. I have to say, I'm really impressed with this one. Great work, Fabolous.

bigmotor

Reaction score
Changing roms

Just downloaded Boot manager so I've been able to give a few more ROMs a fair shake. I have to say, I'm really impressed with this one. Great work, Fabolous.

I notice that from reading some of these threads people are talking about flipping from rom to rom. Was kinda curious, so you can actually change roms randomly and not have any problems? I'm new to this flashing stuff.....

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I notice that from reading some of these threads people are talking about flipping from rom to rom. Was kinda curious, so you can actually change roms randomly and not have any problems? I'm new to this flashing stuff.....

Sure you can. Just wipe data/cache between each ROM install.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
So when is it necessary to format? Thanks in advance....

I'm not sure I understand your question. Wiping data/cache is like a factory reset. If you want, you can always "format /system" during a new ROM install.

suzukimethod

Reaction score
So when is it necessary to format? Thanks in advance....

In clockwork recovery, there is the option to
-wipe data
-wipe cache
(and in advanced options)
-wipe dalvik cache

it's generally insisted upon that you wipe data/cache (1&2) if you are changing roms (this means you will be restoring all apps, homescreens, etc)

most devs say you can get away with just cache & dalvik (2&3) if you are updating a rom

wiping data in CWR (above) isn't the same as a complete factory reset that restores the device to stock, and whatever is stored in the SD section of your device remains untouched. (i was a little unclear on this at first, since the g-nex doesnt have an accessible/removable SD card)

bigmotor

Reaction score
In clockwork recovery, there is the option to
-wipe data
-wipe cache
(and in advanced options)
-wipe dalvik cache

it's generally insisted upon that you wipe data/cache (1&2) if you are changing roms (this means you will be restoring all apps, homescreens, etc)

most devs say you can get away with just cache & dalvik (2&3) if you are updating a rom

wiping data in CWR (above) isn't the same as a complete factory reset that restores the device to stock, and whatever is stored in the SD section of your device remains untouched. (i was a little unclear on this at first, since the g-nex doesnt have an accessible/removable SD card)

I think I understand, if just changing roms I would do 1,2,3.... Thanks again..

chewy74

Reaction score
And always remember to have a nandroid backup before flashing anything

vinnie80

Reaction score
Love the ROM, but 2 issues

Love the ROM... Fast & Clean, but i'm having 2 issues that I didn't know if anyone else was experiencing...

1.)GPS- Taking forever to get a GPS lock. When I was stock ROM it was almost instant.

2.) Data- I know Verizon has had some issues lately, but I wasn't sure if this was due to Verizon or software. I've been dropping data randomly and for several minutes at a time in places I usually have full service& data.

Thanks Fab! Keep up the amazing work.. I can't wait to see where this awesome ROM goes over time.