3D Launcher For DROID

warrior21

Reaction score
I am using clockworkmod launcher and love it. It is by far the most stable home replacement since the 2.1 update. My only question or wish is to be able to change the icons. I have not found a way to do that yet. Does anyone know how to change the icons with this launcher?
Has anyone tried bettercut with it yet?

I though bettercut was for rooted Droids. I am not rooted.
No I've used bettercut with helix and GDE and I'm not rooted

Zac7

Reaction score
I love this app but it doesn't play nice with bettercut. It is like it makes the new icon size diff and looks awful. I only like to change the handcent icon to the original icon. Hopefully this will get fixed. I also noticed the keyboard light wasn't working but might not be the launcher.

mrdorunjr

Reaction score
yea i checked it out, its cool cuz it has the 4 screans, and it has the 3d app launcher. tho it was VERY sluggish on my droid in comparison to helix. so i refunded/unistalled. its cool its nice to have the 3d launcher, but for 3 dollars, it could be quicker. helix all the way

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Honestly what the big deal about the 3D launcher? I would much rather have Helix and the 4 applications at the bottom.

If it ran faster and acted as a stock launcher then I might be interested once he adds the 4 applications.

OP
thebourbonnflip
Reaction score
idk how u 2 r having problems..for me backlight works and its VERY smooth..soyea

warrior21

Reaction score
I love this app but it doesn't play nice with bettercut. It is like it makes the new icon size diff and looks awful. I only like to change the handcent icon to the original icon. Hopefully this will get fixed. I also noticed the keyboard light wasn't working but might not be the launcher.
I use the handcent widget with the counter on it, yours looks different?

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
yea i checked it out, its cool cuz it has the 4 screans, and it has the 3d app launcher. tho it was VERY sluggish on my droid in comparison to helix. so i refunded/unistalled. its cool its nice to have the 3d launcher, but for 3 dollars, it could be quicker. helix all the way

I am curious, did you set the CWM Launcher as the default? I have noticed all of them are a little sluggish until you do that.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Honestly what the big deal about the 3D launcher? I would much rather have Helix and the 4 applications at the bottom.

If it ran faster and acted as a stock launcher then I might be interested once he adds the 4 applications.

I kinda agree here. What IS the whole community pining for the 3D effect thing?

Helix 1.3 Beta 2 on my 2.1 non rooted gives me a choice of shortcuts or dot nav, and it is full screen when open, swipe to close, and quick as all get out.

You only open your launcher to get to an app, then it's gone ... Really ... must be N1 Envy :icon_eek:

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie

I am curious, did you set the CWM Launcher as the default? I have noticed all of them are a little sluggish until you do that.

Funny I was just going to suggest that. I use "Home Switcher", avail in the market free and I put CWM Launcher as my default. I have nothing but good things to say about its response and stability. My only complaint (and its not really a complaint as it is a request) is that I want to change my icons to a fun font and cant seem to find the ability to do so. Most home replacements give you the option to replace icons and fonts through the settings but I cannot find that option with CWM Launcher. If I am missing it and someone knows where to find that setting, please let me know. Otherwise I love this launcher!!!

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie

Helix 1.3 Beta 2 on my 2.1 non rooted gives me a choice of shortcuts or dot nav, and it is full screen when open, swipe to close, and quick as all get out.

You only open your launcher to get to an app, then it's gone ... Really ... must be N1 Envy :icon_eek:

For me its not the N1 Envy. I am about the bling effect. I love having the widgets and the fun icons and the effect of the 3D launcher is just fun for me. I am one of those who also change my background picture as my mood changes so its not envy its more vanity for me.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score

For me its not the N1 Envy. I am about the bling effect. I love having the widgets and the fun icons and the effect of the 3D launcher is just fun for me. I am one of those who also change my background picture as my mood changes so its not envy its more vanity for me.

Hey, I hear you, I'm tron between using neural LW, and having my daughter as a backround. For now I settled for having the backround I used of her as a pic frame on Neural :)

I might get the launcher2, but not right now. Besides, if I root, I'll go Cyanogen and get it free hehehehehe.

Zac7

Reaction score
I mean I like to use the stock messaging icon in place of handcent icon. I use bettercut for it but doesn't work with this launcher yet hope there will be a fix. My backlight is working fine now nm my other post about that.

TJK

Reaction score
How do you get to settings? Or is there a settings page?
TIA

OP
thebourbonnflip
Reaction score
How do you get to settings? Or is there a settings page?
TIA

i dont think there are any settings area for this launcher (yet) until he decides to update/upgrade it to possibly have those 4 persistent apps for option(i hope)