3D Launcher For DROID

OP
thebourbonnflip
Reaction score
FYI, part of the reason it is so "FAT" is because it has the "2.1 Stock/Nexus" Static Wallpapers on board. Some of them are really nice, as far as static WPs go :)

Personally I would like to see a version with those stripped out... and if he adds the dock on the bottom WITHOUT an option to switch/keep the DOT NAV, I'm gonna cry :-(

My ole thumb likes the DOTS!! :)

Yes, i am very hopeful and wishing that he puts an option for the 4 buttons thing if he does make it...other than that..its all GOOD

armeddroid

Reaction score
Plus the screen dots are quick!

AND, once you get used to using the Dots your screen has much less "swipe" marks on it from the old habit of swiping screen to screen :)

Faster, cleaner, and less stress on the thumb... Win, Win, Win!!

lol hell yeah.
But i am curious if he is going to add spaces at the bottom for more apps. I dont want to lose the screen switching dots!! Hope he gets both those options in.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
lol hell yeah.
But i am curious if he is going to add spaces at the bottom for more apps. I dont want to lose the screen switching dots!! Hope he gets both those options in.

Yes, I will not take any update on this until someone else is a guinea pig and confirms there is an option to keep the DOT NAV as it is (or not)!!

When I first saw the leaks of 2.1 months ago, I thought the DOT NAV was one of the best simple ideas I had seen. I have played with the Sense way and all the others, but for me the DOT NAV makes the most sense and the easiest to use.

It's funny, my wife says "but see, I can use my track ball (Eris with 2.1 Sense leak) to move from screen to screen" I watch them slowly move like turtles screen to screen, then I say "watch this" as I go bang, bang on the dots as the screens fire across the Droid screen in rapid succession :)

armeddroid

Reaction score
lol hell yeah.

Yes, I will not take any update on this until someone else is a guinea pig and confirms there is an option to keep the DOT NAV as it is (or not)!!

When I first saw the leaks of 2.1 months ago, I thought the DOT NAV was one of the best simple ideas I had seen. I have played with the Sense way and all the others, but for me the DOT NAV makes the most sense and the easiest to use.

It's funny, my wife says "but see, I can use my track ball (Eris with 2.1 Sense leak) to move from screen to screen" I watch them slowly move like turtles screen to screen, then I say "watch this" as I go bang, bang on the dots as the screens fire across the Droid screen in rapid succession :)

Exact reason why i wanted to try this out due to the Dot Navs. And the 3D launcher was another reason why to..which looks pretty good. Its like a scroll lock wheel.
But Clockwork and Helix are on top for me.
Now..i do have one concern and I havent tried it yet, but I am thinking of getting BetterCut and i am hearing that BC and CW is not getting along too well.
Familiar?

armeddroid

Reaction score
Now..i do have one concern and I havent tried it yet, but I am thinking of getting BetterCut and i am hearing that BC and CW is not getting along too well.
Familiar?

I am not an "Icon Ho" :icon_eek:, so I have no clue about such thingys :)

lmao....
i hear ya, on that note, i am going to try and pimp around for a lil to see what kind of flow i generate. haha
:D

ke0kie

Reaction score
I was expecting/hoping for thus functionality on my 2.1 upgrade, alas...

This is the FIRST app I've purchased from the market, it was $2.99

It works perfect,

Fast - no lag
5 screens
DOT NAV
3d launcher

Brilliant.

--Scott

OP
thebourbonnflip
Reaction score
lol hell yeah.

)

same here. ill let someone else be the 'guinea pig'

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I am using clockworkmod launcher and love it. It is by far the most stable home replacement since the 2.1 update. My only question or wish is to be able to change the icons. I have not found a way to do that yet. Does anyone know how to change the icons with this launcher?

OP
thebourbonnflip
Reaction score
I am using clockworkmod launcher and love it. It is by far the most stable home replacement since the 2.1 update. My only question or wish is to be able to change the icons. I have not found a way to do that yet. Does anyone know how to change the icons with this launcher?

what do you mean icons??

warrior21

Reaction score
Has anyone tried bettercut with it yet?

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

what do you mean icons??

The icons on my screens that are shortcuts to the actual application. Before the 2.1 update I used Open Home and had Gloss icons and beautiful widgets. I can still use Beautiful Widgets but I am unable to change the look of the icons with any icon pack while using CW launcher.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Has anyone tried bettercut with it yet?

I though bettercut was for rooted Droids. I am not rooted.

SteveOSC

Reaction score
Bought it and love it. Smooth with no lag and no force closes. Money well spent. This should have been in the official update. The extra screens are great.