helix launcher 2 Q

kavancamp

Reaction score
So got my droid this weekend and have not put it down. Started with open house and have a sick setup on my droid but went exploring anyway. Found helix launcher 2 and I love the overall setup and really love the 3D launchwe setup. Problem is I can't find icon and theme apps. Say somewhere that version 1 supported better homes but tried an icon pack with no luck. Any ideas or point me to where I can find stuff for helix 2. Thanx to anyine that spend sthe time to help me

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Helix supports Better Cut icons. Do you have a link to a themed look you're interested in? That will let someone tell you if that person had to root their phone to get that look you like or not.

OP
K

kavancamp

Reaction score
Yeah better cut not better home. I have smoked glass icons in open home and really like it but even just in the market I downloaded a better cut icon pack and it won't work. I sure think I know how to apply it cause I did it inopen home unless there is a different process. Cause I can't find icon pack in the menu on it and when I pull it from launcher it tells me I have to have better cut. Myphone is stock 2.1. I think once comfortable I want to root but really still learning. Any recommendations for mod once I root.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Does that mean I have better cut on my phone

Did you download it? Is it in your app drawer? It is an app you pay for that lets you use different icons than the stock ones. It is one way to theme your phone.

OP
K

kavancamp

Reaction score
Yeah I paid for better cuts and when I go to use it it asks if I want to apply to open home or android stock home. Does not give me the helix option and when I am in helix the icon option is not in MENU???

Rodeojones

Reaction score
@kavancamp...I'm running Helix Launcher 2 and I've been able to use Better Cut and some icon packs to theme my phone a bit (I'm not rooted...yet). All I do is make sure I open Better Cut while in Helix 2 and then edit icons from there. When I click "create" once I choose the icon I want from the icon pack (I've got a red/black theme going, so I use the M-Blend Red Icons) the icon will show up on my Helix 2 home screen. In fact, if I go back to the stock home screen the icon ends up there as well. Try using Better Cut while in Helix 2 and the icons you choose should just appear on your screen once you create them. Hope this helps! Cheers.

ilikefishes

Reaction score
@kavancamp...I'm running Helix Launcher 2 and I've been able to use Better Cut and some icon packs to theme my phone a bit (I'm not rooted...yet). All I do is make sure I open Better Cut while in Helix 2 and then edit icons from there. When I click "create" once I choose the icon I want from the icon pack (I've got a red/black theme going, so I use the M-Blend Red Icons) the icon will show up on my Helix 2 home screen. In fact, if I go back to the stock home screen the icon ends up there as well. Try using Better Cut while in Helix 2 and the icons you choose should just appear on your screen once you create them. Hope this helps! Cheers.
I do this exact thing and it says that there is a problem with the icon when I go to tap on it. It works with folders, but not with phone or handcent or anything like that. I have heard that bettercut and helixlauncher2 don't co-habitate well together.

c_law23

Reaction score
Anyone else have thoughts on this? I'm really loving HL2 and don't want to switch. Any other helix/ better cut compatibility issues?

vtrider159

Reaction score
I had the launcher 2 and had force closes every 20 minutes it seemed so I uninstalled it.

Is there another similar program where we can get more screens like the much hyped 2.1 was rumored to get us?

Rodeojones

Reaction score
I had the launcher 2 and had force closes every 20 minutes it seemed so I uninstalled it.

Is there another similar program where we can get more screens like the much hyped 2.1 was rumored to get us?

Try Helix Launcher 1 (in the market as Helix Launcher). I used that before switching to Helix 2 and never had any issues with it. Helix 1 has most of the features of Helix 2 except for 3D app drawer, hiding notification bar and a few other small details. You can have up to 7 screens just like with the newest version.

vtrider159

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I saw in another thread that the first version works better, I'll try it out when I have a chance.

vtrider159

Reaction score
After I set up my screens, I'm getting more force closes out of this. The screens move slowly and it seems if you press too long on one spot, the app ****s the bed.

This is a very cool app, but as a home screen, force closes shouldn't happen.

Jolly

Reaction score
I had an issue installing my phone icon so I uninstalled both and went stock then I installed better cut. Cleared all the icons from the home screens and drug a phone icon back on to the homescreen I then opened the apparently drawer then better cut and choose edit short cut. I edited the stock icon to what. wanted and reinstalled helix 2. Went back to better cut in the apparently drawer and choose edi shortcut again and picked my custom icon hit create and I was done. Keeping mind the phone icon is the only one I had to do this with the rest I just long pressed hit shortcut then better cut and new shortcut.