32GB microSD card $50 from Verizon with free overnight shipping

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
It looks like tommorow is going to be a long day of data transfering, I have 12 gigs to move to the big 32GB card, finally some real space to work with

abeas

Reaction score
so much garbage out there about SD cards...
guys, forget class. first of all, the slower transfer speed is fir uploading to the card...not reading the card. and second, with regard to any smart phone out there, it still is more than adequate. i have a 16GB class 2 in mg classic droid. its plays all my videos...including The Hangover bluray (720p) without the slightest problem. its when your backing up orloading on yohr computer thats a problem...took me like 3 hours to fully back it up last week!

Class also refers to the write speed of the card. I am a videographer, and I use Panasonic HMC prosumer series cameras. These cameras (just like Sony and Canon) require class 4 or higher SDHC cards to be able to record HD (both 720 and 1080) video. Class 2 does not work because the write speed of the card is not fast enough. Now, that is recording AVCHD, and I have no idea what codec and container the Droid X uses, but my conscious tells me before I go spend money on a class 2 32GB card I would want to know that the card is capable to record 720p/30. Just throwing this out there.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
before I go spend money on a class 2 32GB card I would want to know that the card is capable to record 720p/30.

I bought mine for the Original Droid which doesn't record 720 video it's mainly a storage upgrade for me, although it would be nice to bring this 32gb with me to my next device and I don't see me doing a lot of video recording on any Droid, so it should work out just fine

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is a Class 2 sdcard... BOO! There not even fast. It's better to have a Class 6 8GB sdcard than a Class 2 32GB sdcard. With today's smartphones you need a Class 6 or higher.
Better is always subjective. If you're running apps from the SD card or need faster access to data on the card then, yes, faster is better. However, many will still benefit from the added space.

wricks

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Buying from ScanDisk site:

$199.99
SKU SDSDQ-032G-A11M
QUANTITY
In Stock: Yes

Buying from the Verizon online store:

Price:$149.99Online Discount:-50.00Your Price:$99.99
1 2 3Add to Cart
+ Add to Wish List
Worry Free Guarantee

Looks like you'd save $100.00 even without the discount if you need that kind of space (and who doesn't).

benner

Reaction score
Best $50 I've spent in a while

6dbbe4c4.jpg

benner

Reaction score
Incredible doesn't have 720p yet. But it did record wvga without any problem and stored it to the phone.

I just put all my itunes list on my phone via Doubletwist and then tried it out. Even removed the card and put it in my laptop to verify and everythings there.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
29.71GB available upon instalation paid $54.99 Thanks to the OP, this was definately a Sweet Deal

Big Ry

Reaction score
so much garbage out there about SD cards...

guys, forget class. first of all, the slower transfer speed is fir uploading to the card...not reading the card. and second, with regard to any smart phone out there, it still is more than adequate. i have a 16GB class 2 in mg classic droid. its plays all my videos...including The Hangover bluray (720p) without the slightest problem. its when your backing up orloading on yohr computer thats a problem...took me like 3 hours to fully back it up last week!

Class also refers to the write speed of the card. I am a videographer, and I use Panasonic HMC prosumer series cameras. These cameras (just like Sony and Canon) require class 4 or higher SDHC cards to be able to record HD (both 720 and 1080) video. Class 2 does not work because the write speed of the card is not fast enough. Now, that is recording AVCHD, and I have no idea what codec and container the Droid X uses, but my conscious tells me before I go spend money on a class 2 32GB card I would want to know that the card is capable to record 720p/30. Just throwing this out there.
this is exactly what i was saying...write speed is slower not read. and it not being able to write to a class 2 is slim. but ill test it out when i get home. ill throw my class 2 in my sony cybershot 12MP camera that records 720p. ill keep you guys posted.

btw, i got a 32gb microsd for $25 on ebay :p its comin from china so itll take a couple weeks but its a brand name...transcend i believe.