Buying Tip: 32GB Micro SD Card Priced Below $100

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
sd32.jpg

It's nice to see some good price drops on things all Droid owners should have, and this thing being a 32GB microSD card. Yes you heard it right, Engadget is reporting of the great deal Amazon is giving for a new 32GB MicroSD class 2 memory card. Now you might ask why they are selling for such a cheap price? Well I will tell you... Its all about the class. This 32GB that is going so cheap is a simple class 2 MicroSD card, which means the speed is horrible. It will be so slow you would hate going through menus, not an unusable slow, but noticeable slow. If you remember 8GB MicroSD cards with class 2 are pretty good, 16GB much worse but still okay, now just imagine 32GB's of wait time.

Regardless, if all you care about is the space, then get $90 ready and head over to Amazon and get your ordering on.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
How would this respond to playing music and launching some apps from SD?

Also, I thought the Droid, or at least the original one, couldn't use higher than Class 2?

aristo1963

Reaction score
the d1 and d2 are both class 2 cards,the 32g VZW sells for the DX is the same class 2 card that amazon is selling.The 32g I bought from VZW works perfectly in my D2 and no I cant tell a difference.

aristo1963

Reaction score
Crap no edit.The only time you really need class 4 0r 6(insanely $$$)would be in say a digital high speed camera that would snap several pics a sec.Some HD vid cams need them for the huge data throughput while recording to.

everstar80

Reaction score
I bought a 32gb sd card from vzw for my droid 2 that is a class two and it actually performs better since i bought it. Hasn't slowed down my device. You get it from the vzw store and any problems with accessories within thirty days you can return.

tonydelite

Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with a class 2 card in a mobile phone. It is ridiculous to say that you would need anything faster.

OP
W

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
so which Class is recommended????

I would say Class 4... but thats just me. I have a Class 6 16GB MicroSD card.

There is nothing wrong with a class 2 card in a mobile phone. It is ridiculous to say that you would need anything faster.

Are you positive? Last time I had 32GB with Class 2... I hated it so! much. Even Engadget seems to not like Class 2. But maybe I am wrong

Crf450r420

Reaction score
Warning...

The one I got from Amazon was listed as in retail packaging for like $101, but it wasn't. It died in 5 days. I don't think it was a real card, don't remember seeing a serial number on it. The one I have now I got from Buy.com for like $20 more is real and has a serial. Yeah the transfer is a little slow. Don't notice it much on the phone, but I don't do video.

nmsystms

Reaction score
I used the 8GB class 4 MicroSD card that came with my LG Dare for my original droid.

I just got the droid X and thinking about getting a 32gb card to hold all my music. (That way I can also sell my iPod touch).

Will the speed decrease be noticeable? Would it effect HD video recoding? Since the X has 8gb internal memory, I was going to use that space for all my apps and avoid Apps2SD.

FYI: It looks like people are selling the same Sandisk 32gb MicroSD card on eBay for cheaper. ($50-70). Take a look!

32GB microSDHC Sandisk items - Get great deals on Cameras Photo, Computers Networking items on eBay.com!

Crf450r420

Reaction score
I purchase one on Ebay second. That one had some part number that matches nothing SanDisk sells. It has no serial number and died before I got my music loaded on it. For my experiace you can't save to much money and get a real card. It would have cost me less at this point to buy the $199 straight from SanDisk.

comk4ver

Reaction score
ebay scammers

Fyi beware of ebay scammers, there's a tool to make sure you're getting your moneys worth google fake memory card and a tool named hdw tool (or something similar should show up). Make sure you double check with this program because the newest thing in the asian markets is to hack the smaller memory card (the bios) into reporting a higher amount of memory available than what is really there. As a former victim of this I feel I should warn you guys. However, I will wait a little more for a price drop just cause I don't have the money for it. But, it's a great deal. I don't class will matter when it comes to rendering I think only file transfers will be affected though.

rcjames

Reaction score
I used the 8GB class 4 MicroSD card that came with my LG Dare for my original droid.

I just got the droid X and thinking about getting a 32gb card to hold all my music. (That way I can also sell my iPod touch).

Will the speed decrease be noticeable? Would it effect HD video recoding? Since the X has 8gb internal memory, I was going to use that space for all my apps and avoid Apps2SD.

FYI: It looks like people are selling the same Sandisk 32gb MicroSD card on eBay for cheaper. ($50-70). Take a look!

32GB microSDHC Sandisk items - Get great deals on Cameras Photo, Computers Networking items on eBay.com!

I would go for it, he offer warranty and such. If it work for 30 days its a keeper. I sent a guy a message the guy that baught one of these so i would hopefully get a reply.

²SanDisk² ²32GB ²microSDHC ²Card 32 GB ²SD ²microSD ²HC - eBay (item 160490836554 end time Nov-07-10 03:27:23 PST)

Crf450r420

Reaction score

I would go for it, he offer warranty and such. If it work for 30 days its a keeper. I sent a guy a message the guy that baught one of these so i would hopefully get a reply.

²SanDisk² ²32GB ²microSDHC ²Card 32 GB ²SD ²microSD ²HC - eBay (item 160490836554 end time Nov-07-10 03:27:23 PST)

The one I ordered had the same little number 2's in the title and it was from the same area. I have an open case about it not being as described.