Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Verizon DROID X buyers to get $50 discount on 32GB microSD cards

Newsbrief by Todd Haselton on Wednesday July 14, 2010.

Verizon Wireless today announced that anyone purchasing a Motorola DROID X can also purchase a 32GB SanDisk microSD card for $100, a $50 savings.

With the 32GB microSD card installed, the DROID X will have a total storage capacity of 40GB.

Source: Verizon Wireless

Elkay

Reaction score
Finding lots of articles, but nothing official. Will this offer be available when we go to the VZW store tomorrow to pick our phone up?

Ansextra

Reaction score
Do a Google search and you can probably find these cards for less money from other vendors.

hendrix

Reaction score
As per the other thread that was very similar (was advertising this deal). The cheap 32gig cards on ebay are NOT really 32gig cards. This is probably one of the better prices on getting a good 32gig micro sd card.

theoneuafdter

Reaction score
I bet they can be had cheaper too. They are going after people caught up in the "hype" Still not a bad deal though I guess.

mflynn

Reaction score
What's the speed of these cards - 2?

I'll be happy with the 16gb provided. I'm a tad tight in my 8gb card that I use in my Nexus, so 16gb will be more then enough. I do not feel like dropping another c-note just for storage, I'll not use.

2E151

Reaction score
Can you put apps on the microsd or only on 8gig internal?

Last edited:

Elkay

Reaction score
My music collection is 140GB, not including music videos. As for my movie collection.. people call my collection a personal "Blockbuster".

Do I need all of that on there? Of course not. But I can definitely easily fill a 32GB iPhone and still be looking for space with what I listen to and watch frequently. My ideal device would be 256GB+. One can dream. :)

Elkay

Reaction score
Can you put apps on the harddrive or only on 8gig internal?

From my browsing, I think 2.1 is internal only but Froyo allows external? What I read could be completely wrong, so don't quote me on it.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Darn :-( too bad I'm not going to get an X. That's a pretty good deal I'd say.

Sent from my Tapatalk using Droid

mig991

Reaction score
Hopefully appropriate place to post, but I just spoke with a rep from the Verizon Kiosk in my local BJ's (a Price Club type store) here in Maryland. They are giving a $50 gift card with all purchases of any Droid phone.

So $300-rebate, plus $50. Rep also said that if they run out they are still taking orders and then shipping two-day Fed-Ex. Not a bad deal at all.

hendrix

Reaction score

Ansextra

Reaction score
As per the other thread that was very similar (was advertising this deal). The cheap 32gig cards on ebay are NOT really 32gig cards. This is probably one of the better prices on getting a good 32gig micro sd card.

Buy.com - TOPRAM 32GB (16GB x 2) microSD microSDHC Card Class 4 with Memory Stick Pro Duo Adapter

Buy.com is not ebay...

And why would i want to buy 2 16 gig cards?
AACK! Didn't notice that. Did a search for 32gb cards but didn't go to the actual page... :icon_eek: