215 removal leak

eek88dj

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
The instructions are for removing 214 leak to go back stock 211. Why isn't there instructions on 215 leak removal go back to 211 stock. Im not very good at this to figure it out. Can someone message me with instructions how to. Thank you so much.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
eek88dj said:
The instructions are for removing 214 leak to go back stock 211. Why isn't there instructions on 215 leak removal go back to 211 stock. Im not very good at this to figure it out. Can someone message me with instructions how to. Thank you so much.

Foxkat is your guy. He was the first to do it.

Last edited:

djspy

Reaction score
Just use the Droid RAZR utility that's in the all eggs in one basket link. That's how i got mine back to

moset

Reaction score
Wait, so Matts 1.81 utility won't get you back from 215? Can someone provide a link to the thread?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Foxkat is your guy. He was the first to do it.

No the downgrade package for .214 will not work for .215. You can use the method I laid out here, which was taken from what FoxKat did.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/218746-all-eggs-one-basket.html

Just use the Droid RAZR utility that's in the all eggs in one basket link. That's how i got mine back to

Wait, so Matts 1.81 utility won't get you back from 215? Can someone provide a link to the thread?

Actually, Matt's utility should work as well, according to Matt himself. The reason I did the RSD Lite method was to prove it could be done. It's more complicated but I know that the RSD Utility is the one Motorola uses to flash their own devices both at the factory and at the stores if need be, so I simply felt it was a more reliable method - not to say that Matt's Utility is unreliable. People can have problems with RSD Lite, getting the phone to be properly recognized, and people can have problems with Matt's Utility as well. it becomes the flavor of the day for most situations.

There are some that say RSD Lite as a flashing method is more "fool-proof", but it depends on whether the fool is the phone, the computer or the user! :blink:

moset

Reaction score
Thanks, I guess it won't really matter though since Moto has Jelly Bean on the way. Or will JB be more like an update than an upgrade?
Tell me when i can breath.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I believe JB is a layer on the ICS Kernal from what I understand (though I could be wrong since of course there isn't a JB for the RAZR yet), so it should be more like an update than an upgrade (if we agree on the two terms...:icon_eek:)! :biggrin:

moset

Reaction score
I would call ICS an upgrade. Not dependent on what was there before. I guess you are correct that JB will be more of an update which might require the correct version of ICS. So, we might have to be on .211.
I wonder what "very soon" means.

djspy

Reaction score
Let's clarify one thing, on the conference did Moto say ALL devices were going to be upgraded to Jelly Bean before the end of the year or just the new RAZRs? If so, does that mean us OG RAZR and Maxx users have to wait longer?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
No they were specifically talking about those three devices.

moset

Reaction score
This is from Pocket lint

Motorola on Jelly Bean Motorola Xoom users will also be getting Jelly Bean in mid-July. No exact details on when the over the air update will be out however, or whether the update will also come to the Motorola Xoom II. Motorola has yet to confirm if other devices like the Motorola RAZR will be getting the Jelly Bean update.

UPDATE 5 September: Motorola in the US has said that all new devices will be on Jelly Bean by the end of the year and that all devices launched in 2011 will be upgraded too. There are however some that won't -yes very vague isn't it. However if you want to upgrade to the new models you'll get $100 off in the US.

3 new ones this year or 4? RAZR Maxx is a new device by date. Who knows.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I believe JB is a layer on the ICS Kernal from what I understand (though I could be wrong since of course there isn't a JB for the RAZR yet), so it should be more like an update than an upgrade (if we agree on the two terms...:icon_eek:)! :biggrin:

You're correct.. jb is a plug in that works off of ics. You can see tons of ics in jb.

My n7 tablet is very similar to my maxx's. The biggest difference I notice is that you have to go into settings to access apps and you can also turn off notifications for updates on apps that you disable.