.211 and .215 Update Questions

BKApple

Reaction score
I realize these are probably very basic questions for most on this forum, but I have no idea what .211 or .215 leaked updates are. I am running ICS on my unrooted MAXX. How would I get these updates? Why do I want them? Is there a risk to using them? And one more, why aren't these offered from Verizon?

Thanks so much!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Welcome to the forum!

If you are running ICS right now from Verizon then you are already on .211.

There are two leaks right now .214 and .215 each one better than the previous version. There are no "risks" per say unless you mess up the install which is easy to do but can still be messed up.

They are not offered by Verizon because they are not official builds yet, they are stepping stones to the real thing so to speak.

OP
BKApple

BKApple

Reaction score
Thanks for replying! Can you please tell me how I'd get those leaks and what they offer that my current version doesn't?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
They have links for them over at Droidrzr.com, and there are no new features that you will see just improvements. The .215 leak seems less laggy than the current one you are on .211, and some that were having battery problems say that it does help with that as well.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
They have links for them over at Droidrzr.com, and there are no new features that you will see just improvements. The .215 leak seems less laggy than the current one you are on .211, and some that were having battery problems say that it does help with that as well.

The .215 leak is MUCH better ... very snappy, very little lag, and my battery life is greatly improved on .215 and if you are on .211 now it's very easy to install. :)

thekyguy11

Reaction score
I just loaded .215 on my razr maxx this morning, and this was the first time I have done anything besides just use a stock phone. I've never rooted, flashed, etc. This is really easy, especially with the video

[video=youtube;0vVsi87XMfU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vVsi87XMfU[/video]

Here is a link to thread with the download file, I had to use the "mirror" download site to get it: http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/topic/3422-616215-ics-update-leak-install-from-211/

When it was done, i had the option to wipe cache, or reboot, etc... I did a cache wipe also. I've only used it for about 15 minutes now, and so far, it is WAAAAYYYY less laggy.

Last edited:

thekyguy11

Reaction score
I just loaded .215 on my razr maxx this morning, and this was the first time I have done anything besides just use a stock phone. I've never rooted, flashed, etc. This is really easy, especially with the video

[video=youtube;0vVsi87XMfU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vVsi87XMfU[/video]

Here is a link to thread with the download file, I had to use the "mirror" download site to get it: 6.16.215 Ics Update Leak (Install From 211) - DroidRzr.com

When it was done, i had the option to wipe cache, or reboot, etc... I did a cache wipe also. I've only used it for about 15 minutes now, and so far, it is WAAAAYYYY less laggy.

After using .215 all day, i think it may be equally as laggy as .211, unfortunately. I went from a bionic to this razr maxx after the ics update, and my bionic was quicker when launching apps, etc. I'm assuming this phone with gb was as quick or quicker than my stock bionic was, why does ics seem to slow things down so much?

tdant32

Reaction score
can this update (.211 to .215) be done without external sd? i broke mine the other day... help lease

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
can this update (.211 to .215) be done without external sd? i broke mine the other day... help lease

I don't believe so ... it has to be on the SD Card for it to be recognized when you boot into recovery so it can be selected from the list. I don't know of another way.

rochaeliseo

Reaction score
Does anybody on .215 have problems with their screens I.e. when typing it seems to go all crazy thinking you're touching all types of different keys or areas on the screen? I swear .210 was the most stable build.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Does anybody on .215 have problems with their screens I.e. when typing it seems to go all crazy thinking you're touching all types of different keys or areas on the screen? I swear .210 was the most stable build.

This is only a known problem when typing while still connected to the power supply. It's also worse with third party chargers. I've not heard of it otherwise.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

rochaeliseo

Reaction score
FoxKat said:
This is only a known problem when typing while still connected to the power supply. It's also worse with third party chargers. I've not heard of it otherwise.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I just realized it stopped when I unplugged my phone. Thanks though!!