2014-2015 season NFL Chat

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I need Jeremy Maclin to go off tonight! I need 24 points from him to win fantasy this week. I don't imagine it'll happen, but it could.
Asked and received?
I was still half asleep when I saw the highlights this morning but somebody on the Eagles had a great night last night.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah that one. That was stupid on so many levels:

1. it's the preseason
2. you're a small QB with a fragile build

The guy really isn't a smart player
When I see posts on Facebook about Griffin going down I'm just surprised at how many still think him as the greatest thing to ever lace up a pair of shoes, touting Cousins can't run around like that and how he has a losing record last year. Ummm the team quit on Shannahan last year. Jesus Christ Himself would've had a losing record the way they played the last few games, pretty much entire season.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
When I see posts on Facebook about Griffin going down I'm just surprised at how many still think him as the greatest thing to ever lace up a pair of shoes, touting Cousins can't run around like that and how he has a losing record last year. Ummm the team quit on Shannahan last year. Jesus Christ Himself would've had a losing record the way they played the last few games, pretty much entire season.

Never thought he was a good quarterback. He was only "good" his rookie year because it was his first year and teams didn't know his tendencies or anything. Now that they know he's greatly regressed. I don't think he can read defenses well at all, hence all his scrambling, and he's not a very accurate passer. Two basic things you need a QB he is well below average in, imo.

You compare Cousins with RG3, and imo, Cousins is the much better qb. He just hasn't had his chance, because he's not an "exciting" player like RG3 and doesn't have the media appeal that RG3 has.

This could be like what happened in Philly once Vick went down. Foles played out of his mind and earned the starting job, I really think Cousins can do the same. Sure Vick was/is on the backend of his career, but RG3 and Vick are basically the same player, except Vick reads defenses better.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Never thought he was a good quarterback. He was only "good" his rookie year because it was his first year and teams didn't know his tendencies or anything. Now that they know he's greatly regressed. I don't think he can read defenses well at all, hence all his scrambling, and he's not a very accurate passer. Two basic things you need a QB he is well below average in, imo.

You compare Cousins with RG3, and imo, Cousins is the much better qb. He just hasn't had his chance, because he's not an "exciting" player like RG3 and doesn't have the media appeal that RG3 has.

This could be like what happened in Philly once Vick went down. Foles played out of his mind and earned the starting job, I really think Cousins can do the same. Sure Vick was/is on the backend of his career, but RG3 and Vick are basically the same player, except Vick reads defenses better.
RG3 had a great rookie season because of Alfred Morris. Just like the Cowboys fans still praise Aikman as all that when it was Emmett that made it possible. Aikman would get a concussion if someone sneezed too close to him.
At any rate, the game last night was all that it was cracked up to be, excitement wise. Yes I figured Philly to win but it was still a very good game if you like stats and unpredictability.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
RG3 had a great rookie season because of Alfred Morris. Just like the Cowboys fans still praise Aikman as all that when it was Emmett that made it possible. Aikman would get a concussion if someone sneezed too close to him.
At any rate, the game last night was all that it was cracked up to be, excitement wise. Yes I figured Philly to win but it was still a very good game if you like stats and unpredictability.

Yup last night was a very good game. Eagles did have two critical calls go their way, but even then the play calling by the Colts was pretty bad at that point. They wanted to throw the game away and they pretty much did.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Honestly, and don't laugh at me, but I believe Cousins in the next Kurt Warner.

On another note, Maclin did work, just not 24 points worth. I lost by 12.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk 2

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
u2a4epaq.jpg

Looks like you can change that meme from Romo to 49ers. Wow ....very undisciplined team.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
At this rate Harbaugh will be gone midseason. I'm telling all my Niner fan friends that it's superbowl or bust for Harbaugh.

The team has zero discipline right now.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looks like you can change that meme from Romo to 49ers. Wow ....very undisciplined team.
Right now it looks like I could change it to the Seahawks as well.
They have fallen apart in the 4th quarter.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow, Seahawks D let off the gas big time.
Yup.
Now that game, I think ,is what folks figured the super bowl was gonna be, not the blowout that actually happened in it. I know i never figured they'd win by that much .
I said earlier in this thread the Seahawks D is vulnerable. They definitely showed it last week and in the 4th quarter today.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Wow, my Dolphins looked pretty sad today against the Chiefs. Time to bench Tannehill.

tap'n on my S5

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Overall, Denver's offense played pretty terrible. Granted, they are playing the best defense I've seen in the past 20 years. That said, when you're considered the most potent offense in the NFL, I expect more than three points in 3Q.

However, I was impressed with Denver's defense. With the exception of the final drive, unfortunately, the one that mattered, they played fairly well. Seattle's offense isn't lacking considering the have potentially the fastest player in the league in Harvin, Marshawn Lynch, and Russell Wilson. Seattle is dangerous, and I expect to see them in the SB again, and hopefully, it will be Denver again. The game on Sunday was what the SB should've been; fun, and extremely entertaining.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Captain Kirk did NOT help his bid to be RG3s replacement once he has heeled up. That qb controversy lived and died a VERY short life of 1 game it seems. Just wow the skins looked horrible at home tonight.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Notate

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Stopped watching the game, 4 INT and a fumble loss. I don't know if RG3 could've done worse than that.