Reaction score
Lions for the afternoon win, Woot.

sent from my XT1080 using tapatrash

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Awww c'mon, you know Romo is just the ultimate team player. He just wanted to make sure the other team felt involved in the game...
Good point. The new politically correct NFL.
This just in. Starting next year all 32 teams will get a super bowl trophy at the end of the season.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ray Rice terminated by team, suspended by NFL after a shocking video surfaced showing the NFL star knocking out his future wife with a punch in February.

Share your thoughts about this story.
Ok so supposedly the dragging her, unconscious, from an elevator wasn't enough evidence to make the judgment and penalty?
Double jeopardy on the part of the league to make up for a previous mistake with a slap on the wrist the first time. Driven ONLY by the fear of loss of revenue if the women's groups boycotted buying jerseys and attending games, not because he got off too lightly the first time.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok so supposedly the dragging her, unconscious, from an elevator wasn't enough evidence to make the judgment and penalty?
Double jeopardy on the part of the league to make up for a previous mistake with a slap on the wrist the first time. Driven ONLY by the fear of loss of revenue if the women's groups boycotted buying jerseys and attending games, not because he got off too lightly the first time.

A few women's groups are calling for the commissioner to resign.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Now we have congress getting involved, they can teach the NFL how to effectively and efficiently run an entity. And this kind of thing will never happen again.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Now we have congress getting involved, they can teach the NFL how to effectively and efficiently run an entity. And this kind of thing will never happen again.

Congress is always more involved in sports than doing their jobs. No difference than what happened few years ago with baseball.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
A few women's groups are calling for the commissioner to resign.

I'm calling for the Commissioner to resign. He's easily the worst Commissioner in sports. He was trying to protect his asset, a star RB in Ray Rice. Dirty.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk 2

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Speaking of protecting assets.

Can someone please explain to me the logic behind Josh Gordan's season suspension and Aldon Smith only gets 9 games? Is Smith not a repeat offender himself? And last time I checked, I would think discharging a firearm in the air during a party, and shouting "bomb" in an airport is far worse than smoking weed. Not to mention all of Smith's other offenses.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Speaking of protecting assets.

Can someone please explain to me the logic behind Josh Gordan's season suspension and Aldon Smith only gets 9 games? Is Smith not a repeat offender himself? And last time I checked, I would think discharging a firearm in the air during a party, and shouting "bomb" in an airport is far worse than smoking weed. Not to mention all of Smith's other offenses.
Smith plays for a winning team in a bigger revenue market.
Smith is jumping through the required hoops to look like he's changed his ways. Gordon is not.
National Felons League.

jspradling7

Reaction score
The Texans only need one more win to tie their record from last year! Clowney seems as fragile as Harvin and that makes me mad. I was praying for the Texans to draft Blake Bortles with the first pick but they took Clowney instead. So far Clowney has had a hernia, a concussion, and now a torn MCL. And we have Kirkpatrick as QB. Argh!

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Smith plays for a winning team in a bigger revenue market.
Smith is jumping through the required hoops to look like he's changed his ways. Gordon is not.
National Felons League.

Sadly the entire league gets a bad wrap for the 3%. There are 1700 active players on the roster (1696 to be exact) there are many who are law bidding citizens who do the right thing. It is the (squeaky wheel) few who makes the most noise that seem to stay in trouble. What makes this worse is Goodell was thought of as the commissioner that finally brought discipline to an out of control league. So to have acted so poorly with this incidence makes the league look like domestic violence is a norm.

As far as the criticism about him changing the rules if the game, they were in a pickle with all the bad publicity for head traumas and players committing suicide. With parents coming out not wanting their kids to play the game as well as the law suits the league panicked and had to do something to make the game safer. Now the crazy calls on the qb, as well as defenders getting called for coughing on the wr, needs to be fixed asap.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sadly the entire league gets a bad wrap for the 3%. There are 1700 active players on the roster (1696 to be exact) there are many who are law bidding citizens who do the right thing. It is the (squeaky wheel) few who makes the most noise that seem to stay in trouble. What makes this worse is Goodell was thought of as the commissioner that finally brought discipline to an out of control league. So to have acted so poorly with this incidence makes the league look like domestic violence is a norm.

As far as the criticism about him changing the rules if the game, they were in a pickle with all the bad publicity for head traumas and players committing suicide. With parents coming out not wanting their kids to play the game as well as the law suits the league panicked and had to do something to make the game safer. Now the crazy calls on the qb, as well as defenders getting called for coughing on the wr, needs to be fixed asap.

They wanted publicity, to be on every news story, etc to increase revenue and popularity of the game.
Did they forget the media doesn't report good news?
Goodell isn't cleaning squat. He's just bowing to every group that threatens the Benjamin's stream. Marijuana is legal in more than 1 state yet when that quagmire comes up it's just ignored and Goodell changes the subject. If NORML or some other dope rights group starts yelling look to see a major change in their drug policy.