2.3 Update

Pineapple95

Reaction score
Emtronics - so you bought an iPhone and yet you still feel the urge to visit android forums. LOL And as far as that VZ rep you spoke with, he obviously has no clue what he's talking about. Because Verizon already stated that an update will be released!! They just haven't indicated the exact date.

riko540

Reaction score
Guys Gals, dudes and dudets, Please! Do you have an update? No.... Is it coming? Maybe but so is Christ. I posted that saying it would come in Quarter 2. This isn't quarter 2 anymore so if it does come, I still win. I sold my Dinc yesterday for $100 and threw in a few accessories to boot. No looking back. I have the iPhone4 from Verizon and it works smoother and faster than my Dinc ever did. I talked with a VZ rep the other day at great length. He said VZ considers the DINC obsolete and no upgrades are planned. We shall see. My son owns a DINC. Just like the one I had. He hasn't seen anything yet nor does he expect anything. So.....no need to post a pic. I was right. You guys go on rom "ing" your DINCS as that is what they are good for. Myself? I enjoy simply getting calls, and having a real phone that works as advertised. No pulling the battery when things get quirky or when Android simply refuses to operate. Have fun. I used to own a hotrod and loved to play under the hood. That's old and now I have the BMW and never have to worry about under the hood. Get my drift?

So basically when it breaks or the battery craps out you'll be willing to pay out the wazu to have it fixed? To each their own I guess.

lxJGTxl

Reaction score
Guys Gals, dudes and dudets, Please! Do you have an update? No.... Is it coming? Maybe but so is Christ. I posted that saying it would come in Quarter 2. This isn't quarter 2 anymore so if it does come, I still win. I sold my Dinc yesterday for $100 and threw in a few accessories to boot. No looking back. I have the iPhone4 from Verizon and it works smoother and faster than my Dinc ever did. I talked with a VZ rep the other day at great length. He said VZ considers the DINC obsolete and no upgrades are planned. We shall see. My son owns a DINC. Just like the one I had. He hasn't seen anything yet nor does he expect anything. So.....no need to post a pic. I was right. You guys go on rom "ing" your DINCS as that is what they are good for. Myself? I enjoy simply getting calls, and having a real phone that works as advertised. No pulling the battery when things get quirky or when Android simply refuses to operate. Have fun. I used to own a hotrod and loved to play under the hood. That's old and now I have the BMW and never have to worry about under the hood. Get my drift?

Lol you compare your iPhone to a BMW. Well I guess. But just like a BMW you can expect to pay more when something as simple as your battery goes out.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using DroidForums

Snow02

Reaction score
"You can stick a BMW badge on a dead cat - and people would still buy it."
- Richard Hammond, Top Gear

rbw62

Reaction score
Guess you like Uncle Steve knowing when you take a dump, and following you around.. I will take the Corvette or Caddy over a Better any day... Have fun you two.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

drtnsnw

Reaction score
YAWN!!!!!!

Wife has a 4 and I would never trade her. GO throw your crap around on the iphone sites!!

Chris

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
I'm a tool? Gee a moderator here banned me for 2 days for that kind of talk. At least warned me anyway. Why am I a tool? Because I think there is something better than a DINC cell phone? Get over yourself. In 3 years DINCS will be trash. That is the way of the world. Ah, hell. Who am I kidding. You hide behind a screen name so you'll do anything you want. Good riddance yourself.

They posted the pdf, meaning it was coming and got pulled at the last minute! The update is coming. And you said the dinc will be trash in another 3 years? So that gives it a life of... 4-5 years? That's pretty incredible for a phone, how long do you expect your iphone to last until it's trash or out of date? Certainly not 5 years...

The most incredible, incredible!

E

Emtronics

The DINC is actually considered obsolete by VZ now. It is a cool phone no doubt. Much better than the Blackberry I came from. I hope you get your update but what will it exactly update? VZ bloatware? My iPhone came with none of VZ bloatware. BTW< I only came back here when someone mentioned me and a pic.

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
The DINC is actually considered obsolete by VZ now. It is a cool phone no doubt. Much better than the Blackberry I came from. I hope you get your update but what will it exactly update? VZ bloatware? My iPhone came with none of VZ bloatware. BTW< I only came back here when someone mentioned me and a pic.

If it was considered obsolete, we wouldn't be getting our update which is coming. It'll make our phones faster, will fix a batch of bugs, and other numerous things.

jpcamaro70

Reaction score
Wifey just bought the iphone 4, i'm not an apple fan but man that phone runs so smooth. While my dinc runs kind-of smooth, choppy at times, I do love it. I hope they come up with an update so i don't go get the iphone.

Why you ask. The dinc is the perfect size for me. The only other phone around that size that i like is the iphone 4.

MrBultitude

Reaction score
Super psyched that the update is close! Gingerbread for the win!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

E

Emtronics

Braves: You have been decent in replies to me and I thought I was being decent back. I wish you the best in your updates and or hacks. I was fooling around as I really don't think you should judge a person about his/her likes and dislikes of a cell phone. Some on this board, this thread and other threads have been real jerks. On the Blackberry forums, people were decent and answered questions and I never ever had a problem there. I also have never ever had a problem a Techguy Support where I have been a member for years. I come to this forum and I get a 3 day suspension because some jerk acted like a fool. I went off and acted like one back. Oh well. I guess I'm not android material. Besides, android is over rated anyway.

VZ rep at the corporate store told me that the DINC is obsolete that they don't even have any accessories for it in the store anymore. It's off their radar but you can go online and order cases, chargers, batteries , or whatever. To jpcamaro70, yes, the iPhone is smoooooth. Yes my DINC got choppy and in fact ran choppy quit a bit. Wish you luck in getting an update. I'll stay with the iPhone even though I think Apple is too darn tight when it comes to what it authorizes as apps and updates. Maybe that is why the iPhone is the BMW of cell phones.

paulhusker

Reaction score
For those of us that did the "DUN edit" trick to get free 3G wifi hotspot, will this new update "reset" the phone in a way we can't use that trick anymore?

I also see they will have bluetooth tether on this update. Will it be a charge if we use that?

Thanks

Pineapple95

Reaction score
Emtronics - of course the VZ rep is going to tell you the Incredible is obsolete. All the rep wants to do is sell you a new phone!!! By the way, I own some oceanfront property in Illinois that I'd like to sell to you real cheap. I also have some bridges for sale. LOL

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
Emtronics - I wish you luck with your new phone. The iphone is more for people who don't want to/don't know how to root, it's locked down tight, and always well be. While both phones have their ups and downs, it comes down to if you want a phone that you can root or not. I don't root, but I still like android. Yes, the market doesn't compare to the iphone market, but it does best the iphone in several categories as well. I won't bash you for choosing an iphone. I wish you luck with your new phone and hope you like it more than you did your incredible!

Pineapple - can I buy that ocean front property? Lol