2.3 Update

drtnsnw

Reaction score
well, I have been rooted for a while guess I will bite it and drop a gingersense rom on.

Chris

kmo

Reaction score
well, I have been rooted for a while guess I will bite it and drop a gingersense rom on.

Chris
Why haven't you tried GB till now since you're rooted? I don't quite get you guys that root and don't try any roms out....WTF. Why bother rooting? Hey, this phone has had a good run for sure, but everything comes to an end. Let's move on to the next best thing....

drtnsnw

Reaction score

Chris
Why haven't you tried GB till now since you're rooted? I don't quite get you guys that root and don't try any roms out....WTF. Why bother rooting? Hey, this phone has had a good run for sure, but everything comes to an end. Let's move on to the next best thing....

I rooted so I could shut down all the bloatware VZW drops on the phone. I havee not done a rom because they all seem to have issues

Chris

kmo

Reaction score
Not everyone has issues, and the issues that do show up are usually pretty minor and the devs working on the roms have fixes up on their site right away to fix any problems that arise. All I can say is try some roms out, easy to go back to where you were and you might be surprised as to the ease of use. CM7 and MIUI in my experience have been relatively very good in most cases. Yes issues do happen but oh well, that's the fun part in rooting and trying out new features...just do it. If nothing else you'll have something to compare with what you're using now.

lssanjose

Reaction score
Not everyone has issues, and the issues that do show up are usually pretty minor and the devs working on the roms have fixes up on their site right away to fix any problems that arise. All I can say is try some roms out, easy to go back to where you were and you might be surprised as to the ease of use. CM7 and MIUI in my experience have been relatively very good in most cases. Yes issues do happen but oh well, that's the fun part in rooting and trying out new features...just do it. If nothing else you'll have something to compare with what you're using now.

+1!

Sent from my Incredible

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
I think I'll just root tomorrow and run cm7. I have a question though... Once you root, how do you install a rom and kernal? Thanks!

The most incredible, incredible!

lssanjose

Reaction score
I think I'll just root tomorrow and run cm7. I have a question though... Once you root, how do you install a rom and kernal? Thanks!

The most incredible, incredible!

Booting into recovery. This is done by holding the volume rocker in the down position at the same time with holding the power button when you turn the phone on.

I recommended getting unrevoked3 if you haven't already. It'll install the custom recovery.

When you do the first step, it'll take you to hboot. And then, follow it's instructions.

Sent from my Incredible

drtnsnw

Reaction score
well, got up the nerve to dump a rom on. Got skyrader 4.3 It does seem alot faster though but I am cooking through the battery trying to restore everything

Chris

tweebee

Incredible RS
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
well, got up the nerve to dump a rom on. Got skyrader 4.3 It does seem alot faster though but I am cooking through the battery trying to restore everything

Chris

SkyRaider is a very solid ROM. Been running that for a while now and no issues that I'm aware off...

riko540

Reaction score
I flashed the leaked gingerbread rom from HTC. Not much changed cosmetically but the phone runs smoother and alot of the issues with the current release have been addressed. Defiantly an improvement but perhaps it was the bloat-ware Verizon tried to put on that caused issues. There is also a radio update for the leaked rom that I'm trying to figure out how to flash along with the updated marketplace.

drtnsnw

Reaction score
thanks,

Just started the update. Going over the skyrader hope it is cool!

Chris