2.3 Update

drtnsnw

Reaction score
tried it and I am going back to skyraider. Not enough there to help me and the bluetooth was crap. If the OTA is close to this I will keep root

Chris

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, to a point you may be right. Ask 3 VZ Techs the same question and you might just get 3 different answers. Still, I doubt the Dinc will get the update. I used to own a Blackberry and when it came to updates, they were far and few between if they happened at all. Yet, when everyone on Crackberry forums was saying my 9530 would not get an os upgrade, the VZ tech told me it was indeed coming. It came. While HTC may want and even post there will be a Dinc update, they don't know Verizon very well. VZ doesn't like updates until THEY test them as it costs money top hear complaints from people after one comes out. If it happens, I'll post back as idiot of the year on this forum and ask the Mod to "sticky" it with my picture.

Where's the post and your pic?

kmo

Reaction score
Well timing is everything, I just unrooted my INC today. Was having some screen issues with it not recognizing touch on certain parts of the screen. After running CM7 and MIUI for a while I thought I should go back to stock to see if this is a software issue or hardware. Problem is still there with stock 2.2 OS restored. Talked to Verizon tech (for what that's worth, mostly a waste of time because a lot of them don't know too much) and got no where except the Tech agreed it was a hardware issue. I'm due for an upgrade so I will wait on the Bionic, especially if it gets the unlocked bootloader rumored to be there plus all the other goodies it already has. My INC right now with this screen is really annoying but have to deal with it a bit longer. At least I'll see the OTA GB update this week, thankfully because I'm going through withdrawals coming from a rooted device running GB. :D hahaha

drtnsnw

Reaction score
all the stuff I have been reading lately this update is going to really stuff it to us! Locking down root. Making it impossible to teather unless you pay and adding more bloat! I am really glad I rooted and hope I am very wrong but I don't think so. VZW is getting nasty with these phones and trying to squeeze every dime they can from us. Won't be long before they ask for a premium on every app you download.

Chris

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
*happy dance* sorry I've been so inactive lately, my job has been keeping me busy.

But... Can I have some gingerbread now please? :)

The most incredible, incredible!

riko540

Reaction score
Sure sometime this week. Since I'm already rooted I think I'll just stick with the leaked 2.3.3 for now or atleast until the released 2.3.4 gets rooted. I hope it doesn't take too long. I'll also get to see if any issues arise from the update as well.

riko540

Reaction score
Verizon just want to load it up with bloatware to make slow.

E

Emtronics

Guys Gals, dudes and dudets, Please! Do you have an update? No.... Is it coming? Maybe but so is Christ. I posted that saying it would come in Quarter 2. This isn't quarter 2 anymore so if it does come, I still win. I sold my Dinc yesterday for $100 and threw in a few accessories to boot. No looking back. I have the iPhone4 from Verizon and it works smoother and faster than my Dinc ever did. I talked with a VZ rep the other day at great length. He said VZ considers the DINC obsolete and no upgrades are planned. We shall see. My son owns a DINC. Just like the one I had. He hasn't seen anything yet nor does he expect anything. So.....no need to post a pic. I was right. You guys go on rom "ing" your DINCS as that is what they are good for. Myself? I enjoy simply getting calls, and having a real phone that works as advertised. No pulling the battery when things get quirky or when Android simply refuses to operate. Have fun. I used to own a hotrod and loved to play under the hood. That's old and now I have the BMW and never have to worry about under the hood. Get my drift?

Snow02

Reaction score
Wow. You are some kind of tool. I just saw this post so I read back through the thread a bit. I'm left just shaking my head. Good riddance.

E

Emtronics

I'm a tool? Gee a moderator here banned me for 2 days for that kind of talk. At least warned me anyway. Why am I a tool? Because I think there is something better than a DINC cell phone? Get over yourself. In 3 years DINCS will be trash. That is the way of the world. Ah, hell. Who am I kidding. You hide behind a screen name so you'll do anything you want. Good riddance yourself.