2.3 Update

MichaelK

Reaction score
i hear alot of people have gotten the android 2.3 update for their dinc. Why didn't I get it?

kenbiz

Reaction score
Really?? Doubt its coming to this phone. There's a gingerbread ROM.

OP
M

MichaelK

Reaction score
I'm stupid idk how to root put Roms on etc

kenbiz

Reaction score
I wouldn't get all hyped up over 2.3 the phone is pretty good as it is. By far the best phone I've owned. If it come good if not its still a great phone. It's a year old phone which is OLD in this smart phone world but I havnt seen a phone yet that makes me want to upgrade.

E

Emtronics

Agreed. No hype needed as a VZ Tech informed me this morning that there will be NO update for the Dinc. 2.2 is what it is. So if you hear people getting 2.3, then they rooted the phone. The Dinc is done as far as updates go according to VZ

Pineapple95

Reaction score
Agreed. No hype needed as a VZ Tech informed me this morning that there will be NO update for the Dinc. 2.2 is what it is. So if you hear people getting 2.3, then they rooted the phone. The Dinc is done as far as updates go according to VZ

Sorry to tell you this but verizon techs usually have no clue what they're talking about. They know no more about planned updates then the average joe on the street. Don't believe me. Go back to the verizon store and ask the tech to show you the bulletin which announced that the Dinc would not be receiving the 2.3 update. He won't be able to.

TreFiDDy

Reaction score
If I were you I'd just stay away from gb anyways unless you want to root and install a new ROM. I've had minor problems but still problems that I never had with froyo.

Sent from my ZombieStomped DROIDX

E

Emtronics

Well, to a point you may be right. Ask 3 VZ Techs the same question and you might just get 3 different answers. Still, I doubt the Dinc will get the update. I used to own a Blackberry and when it came to updates, they were far and few between if they happened at all. Yet, when everyone on Crackberry forums was saying my 9530 would not get an os upgrade, the VZ tech told me it was indeed coming. It came. While HTC may want and even post there will be a Dinc update, they don't know Verizon very well. VZ doesn't like updates until THEY test them as it costs money top hear complaints from people after one comes out. If it happens, I'll post back as idiot of the year on this forum and ask the Mod to "sticky" it with my picture.

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, to a point you may be right. Ask 3 VZ Techs the same question and you might just get 3 different answers. Still, I doubt the Dinc will get the update. I used to own a Blackberry and when it came to updates, they were far and few between if they happened at all. Yet, when everyone on Crackberry forums was saying my 9530 would not get an os upgrade, the VZ tech told me it was indeed coming. It came. While HTC may want and even post there will be a Dinc update, they don't know Verizon very well. VZ doesn't like updates until THEY test them as it costs money top hear complaints from people after one comes out. If it happens, I'll post back as idiot of the year on this forum and ask the Mod to "sticky" it with my picture.

Duly noted. :icon_ lala:

E

Emtronics

Thanks for being so helpful "enlightened" :icon_ banana:

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
If it happens, I'll post back as idiot of the year on this forum and ask the Mod to "sticky" it with my picture.

I starred this post for this reason only... Hahaha.

But on a serious note, people from verizon have sent out an email stating the dinc would get gingerbread before the end of the 2nd quarter. Whether the email or verizon techs were right, I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

Hopefully we get gingerbread!

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

E

Emtronics

It's the 11th of June and no word on an update for the Dinc. Looks like no sticky for me.

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
It's the 11th of June and no word on an update for the Dinc. Looks like no sticky for me.

We still have 19 days left in June. No need to celebrate to early. Just because HTC hasn't announced it like Motorola did doesn't mean it's not coming.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums