2.3 GB update delayed to Droid X...D2G even longer???

jbundang9

Reaction score
HTC isn't as near as bad as Motorola, and chances are that the bootloader lockings are Verizon's fault.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

guest00459

Reaction score
They have working versions of gingerbread for the x 2 and global. You won't get passed over.

tappin and a talkin

X and 2 are out now!

Global please !! :)

Wait...officially? Team black hat leaked 2.3.3 but I was under the impression that Moto hadn't rolled it out yet. Technically it was rejected by VZW so its not like Moto doesn't careeeee to give us GB, but Verizon is being weird for whatever reason.

B

leobg

Reaction score
They have working versions of gingerbread for the x 2 and global. You won't get passed over.

tappin and a talkin

X and 2 are out now!

Global please !! :)

Wait...officially? Team black hat leaked 2.3.3 but I was under the impression that Moto hadn't rolled it out yet. Technically it was rejected by VZW so its not like Moto doesn't careeeee to give us GB, but Verizon is being weird for whatever reason.

B

No - not by Motorola. Outed by TBH :) Sorry for not being detailed. BTW - the build they leaked cannot be the one VZW rejected, as it was built on March 23rd. No way Verizon could test it and reject it in such a short term.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Why cant whoever is leaking these pre-builds give us the damn bootloader keys!!!

leobg

Reaction score
Just got a word by TBH member we should expect our D2G gingerbread leak in about a week!

leobg

Reaction score
Why cant whoever is leaking these pre-builds give us the damn bootloader keys!!!

I am pretty sure the people with access to signing keys at Motorola are counting on the fingers of one hand.. I doubt anyone of them would ever do something like that....

guest00459

Reaction score
Woooooo! 2.3.3 FTW! Solid release by TBH. Im loving it so far. Very different from what I was expecting. If there is anything I can say as a word of caution, its be patient on boot. Mine boot-looped and I alllllmost pulled the battery and booted into recovery so I could wipe data. But it booted up just fine after one more loop! Strange!

B

zero7404

Reaction score
Woooooo! 2.3.3 FTW! Solid release by TBH. Im loving it so far. Very different from what I was expecting. If there is anything I can say as a word of caution, its be patient on boot. Mine boot-looped and I alllllmost pulled the battery and booted into recovery so I could wipe data. But it booted up just fine after one more loop! Strange!

B

what is different, could you post some pics so we can see what this release looks like ?

guest00459

Reaction score

B

what is different, could you post some pics so we can see what this release looks like ?

Quite a bit! Id love to post some screenies but I don't have root access! :(

B

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
I've been really looking forward to using Gingerbread since the days with OG Droid dancedroid

ExodusC

Reaction score
I'm hoping the D2G will get a Gingerbread update soon. On top of that, AngDroid has been a bit more active on Twitter, so maybe when the 2.3.3 source for the D2G is out, he'll push out a new version of Fission.

Either way, I'll be switching to Gingerbread when it launches. I fear it could be a while, since the Droid 2 and Droid X share a common framework, while the Droid 2 Global does not.

Sent from my Droid 2 Global running Fission using the DroidForums app.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
I read somewhere here on df that GB update for our phones will be in a week

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

zero7404

Reaction score
so much for screenshots wen the update cant be rooted

posted via android