2.2.11 Market.... Blacked Out....!!!

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Looking good.... nice and clean look still intact...this is still based off of thebowers BlacknBold blackmarket right?

nornevrder

Reaction score
I am new to installing stuff update.zip. Can someone please give me a quick run through on the steps. I use cwrecovery. Thanx

Sent from my Sourcery using DroidForums App

speedfreeq

Reaction score
Yeah, right now it only shows purchased apps so just make a backup and you will be fine... just look at it this way, next time you change roms it will have less of a download time!!! :), there's always a silver lining!!!

I flashed the zip, rebooted, went to Settings/ Applications, cleared Market data and cache, and then fired it up... sees all my apps just fine. Purchased and free...?

Can I flash updated version without uninstalling, or should I revert & reflash 2.2.11 zip?

-from my 1.1 GHz PEv4 Droid

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
1. place the zip on your SD card
2. Boot into recovery
2.5. Create backup (Nandroid/Backup)
3. Install zip from SD Card
4. Install zip from SD Card (or something like that)
5. navigate to BlackedOutMarket2_2_11.zip
6. select it
7. hit yes
8. tap powerbook
9. reboot

stetsonaw

Beta Team/Marty McFly
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Yeah, right now it only shows purchased apps so just make a backup and you will be fine... just look at it this way, next time you change roms it will have less of a download time!!! :), there's always a silver lining!!!

I flashed the zip, rebooted, went to Settings/ Applications, cleared Market data and cache, and then fired it up... sees all my apps just fine. Purchased and free...?

Can I flash updated version without uninstalling, or should I revert & reflash 2.2.11 zip?

thinking this just applies to new rom installs, otherwise free apps show up once installed and market links are restored (like if restoring from TB)

OP
ecsnead69

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks speedfreeq, that did the trick. I have updated the OP with those directions....

nornevrder

Reaction score
It worked I think. Looks like the black market I have been running. When Someone says install as update.zip what dies that mean. The gentleman that explained install to me on the last page is the same way I have always installed things. But when I see install update.zip I avoid it cause I don't understand if there is something different I need to do.

OP
ecsnead69

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
To check your market, go to applications from the settings menu, select manage applications, then select the "all" tab. Find Black Market and select it, the version and the top should read 2.2.11... if so you are good...

Update.zip is the format for Clockwork and SPR... main difference is that for the file to work in SPR it actually has to be named "update.zip". For Clockwork, it can be called anything...

If you are running clockwork and someone says, "install as update.zip", just put it on your SD card and install it with clockwork as you have been doing normally....

Hope that helps...

speedfreeq

Reaction score
It worked I think. Looks like the black market I have been running. When Someone says install as update.zip what dies that mean. The gentleman that explained install to me on the last page is the same way I have always installed things. But when I see install update.zip I avoid it cause I don't understand if there is something different I need to do.

An update.zip file is like a self- installer on a Windows PC. You do have to go into your recovery partition to install, but basically that's the extent of the operation. If you use Clockwork recovery, then the .zip file can have any name. If you use SPRecovery, then it must be named "update.zip" and be on the root of your SD card or the installer won't see it.
If it weren't an update.zip file, you'd have to physically delete the .apk file in your /system or /data folder and copy/ paste the new one; also sometimes there are .tar or .bin files included with the .apk file that must be installed in the right folder... so fear not the update.zip. Download it, reboot to recovery, install .zip from sdcard, reboot. It's nearly always as simple as that.

nornevrder

Reaction score
Right on guts thanx for the lesson I appretiate it

mojo_droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
looks great!

only thing i noticed is that when you go to comment you get white text on a white background

OP
ecsnead69

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
thanks for that catch mojo, I will get it fixed and post... probably won't be till tomorrow... football is on...

OP
ecsnead69

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
OP has been updated with the newest version to fix the comment text, thanks Mojo.....