2.1 update check in

Sirrom

Reaction score
My kid's Eris updated to 2.1 yesterday. Speed seems OK. New features are all pretty nice, but the browser doesn't autorotate any more.

DroidJim

Reaction score
I'm in SE Michigan & updated to 2.1 Sunday (was available to me on Saturday). My browser still auto-rotates, and much faster than before too.

cwzwack

Reaction score
My wife got it Sunday morning, and hasn't said much about it

Last edited:

Lars

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
My wife got her update late Saturday or early Sunday. The whole update took about 20 minutes. She has been complaining about her phone feeling really slow, so I am going to try some things tonight to speed things up. I know the reset put back a lot of widgets so removing those will be first.

Has anyone else ran into this issue and found the solution?

ImaDroid

Reaction score
Updated mine last night although 2.1 has been available for a few days. Had to synch Google contacts, Facebook pics and a few customized items - no biggie. Email and browser work fine. Noticed that the Favorites screen won't set up multiple contacts at the moment. Have not played with Navigation yet.

oh yeah, I live in Metro DC.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
(California) Don't know when it came in but I just got done installing my wife's 2.1 update. Hell, it's got 2 unread messages, 6 unopened voicemails, and 2 new unopened emails. Who knows how long the update has been there.

jphudy

Reaction score
So - My wife's phone (post 2.1 update) is horrifically slow. It's nearly unusable. Trying to get the thing to dial a call takes at least 8 seconds.

She would prefer to revert to old software. Has anyone done this? If there is no way, I'm not sure we will remain with this phone.

This morning (Thursday), in fact, her alarm did not go off because the phone still thought it was Wednesday until she picked it up and took the phone out of sleep-mode. I think the new software has some major flaws.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
So - My wife's phone (post 2.1 update) is horrifically slow. It's nearly unusable. Trying to get the thing to dial a call takes at least 8 seconds.

She would prefer to revert to old software. Has anyone done this? If there is no way, I'm not sure we will remain with this phone.

This morning (Thursday), in fact, her alarm did not go off because the phone still thought it was Wednesday until she picked it up and took the phone out of sleep-mode. I think the new software has some major flaws.

I think a lot of it depends on the number of apps you have loaded, and the number of extraneous things you've kept (emails, texts, etc). Some people are reporting that a factory reset has really helped with performance. I would:

- Delete all unneeded apps.
- Use Astro File Manager to back-up the remaining apps.
- Do a factory reset.
- Reinstall backed up apps after installing Astro.

As far as I know there is no way to go back to previous versions of Android.

socal droid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S21+
My daughter has the Eris, but never received a notification for the upgrade. Would she have to periodically connect it to her notebook computer to receive these types of notifications?

I just started a manual install on her phone using wifi connection to our home wireless router ... fingers are crossed that it works fine and she will still love her phone when this is done!

socal droid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S21+
The update is complete .. I'm glad I ran the sync so her contacts were backed up before I did the update. She panicked at first because the contacts were gone immediately after the upgrade. But she calmed down after I ran the sync and they were restored.

Now she's personalizing everything again because I guess it's all back to default settings. keeping her busy for a while. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that she has not problems with the upgrade.

lmuelly

Reaction score
I got my update Monday, the 17th and most is good except the primary numbers for all of my contacts changed to the home number. Verizon did not have any intellegent answers. What a pain, worse than that they were not able to tell me how to change the priority of the numbers but I finally found it in the manual.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
My daughter has the Eris, but never received a notification for the upgrade. Would she have to periodically connect it to her notebook computer to receive these types of notifications?

I just started a manual install on her phone using wifi connection to our home wireless router ... fingers are crossed that it works fine and she will still love her phone when this is done!

More than likely she got it and cleared notifications before seeing it.

droidftw

Reaction score
Leak Version 1 to get OTA

My girlfriend has an eris and I stupidly installed the first leak on her phone she has not gotten the OTA update yet, should I continue to wait or is there something I can do to get her phone back to official status (2.1)?

brownm279

Reaction score
I can't mount my driod to the pc since the update - It acts like it mounts but the removable disk folder shows empty and I know it's not. It fubared my C25K program too.

countryboy498

Reaction score
My wife got the 2.1 update last Sunday. Since then bowser is horribly slow. She had issues making and recieving calls several times and the battery will not last more than 6 hours and thats on stand-by not even in use. I have called Verizon several times because her phone is a complete POS. I wish I would have gotten her the Moto Droid like mine. Still waiting for Verizon to issue us a warranty phone.