2.1 for Motorola, what about Eris?

BlumpkinsFasho

Reaction score
2.1 has come out for the Motorola Droid, so now how long will it take for the Eris to receive a 2.1 update?

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
2.1 has come out for the Motorola Droid, so now how long will it take for the Eris to receive a 2.1 update?

My predcition: It will come out when it comes out.

Not to be a smart alec, but this topic has been beaten to death. We originally heard dates that have already passed. Any date currently given should be taken with a huge grain of salt. I would expect that it will be with in the next month or two but that is pure conjecture.

o0HERO0o

Reaction score
2.1 should be coming out for all android phones in the next few weeks. like by the end of April according to sources that i have.:icon_ banana:

oopslolz

Reaction score
like by the end of April according to sources that i have.:icon_ banana:
I've heard the same bull**** line from 10 million people claiming "insider info." I heard 2.1 was coming before january, then heard mid january and then i heard feb then end of feb and so on and so forth...every one of them claiming to have info from trusted sources.

The truth is, 2.1 is available for the eris and has been for a little bit. You have to root of course but if you have a smart phone and want to use it to it's full potential visit the XDA boards and start reading. Root is easy and 2.1 is running great, also you will be able to update to the OTA version when it comes out so no worries.

I still cant believe how many people have an open source system like android and still dont know whats available because all they listen to is verizon etc....

root it, enjoy free gps and multiple gmail accounts, and all of the other amazing features that come with 2.1.

Last edited:

gemro311

Reaction score
Hey folks..let's get the 2.1 leak version fixed first before it gets rolled out. We do not want another "Windows" type fiasco . Do we?

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
like by the end of April according to sources that i have.:icon_ banana:
I've heard the same bull**** line from 10 million people claiming "insider info." I heard 2.1 was coming before january, then heard mid january and then i heard feb then end of feb and so on and so forth...every one of them claiming to have info from trusted sources.

The truth is, 2.1 is available for the eris and has been for a little bit. You have to root of course but if you have a smart phone and want to use it to it's full potential visit the XDA boards and start reading. Root is easy and 2.1 is running great, also you will be able to update to the OTA version when it comes out so no worries.

I still cant believe how many people have an open source system like android and still dont know whats available because all they listen to is verizon etc....

root it, enjoy free gps and multiple gmail accounts, and all of the other amazing features that come with 2.1.

Or, 1.5 is working find for our needs, and we are willing to wait for the GA version.

oopslolz

Reaction score

Jolest

Reaction score
It atleast gives you a good idea of 2.1 and you'll be able to update to the real OTA when it comes out./
I admire your confidence, but one minor detail... Until the real OTA comes out, how can you be 100% certain that we'll be able to update a rooted 1.5 or "leaked" 2.1 to the real OTA 2.1 with NO problems? :confused:

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I doubt Verizon would make an official statement as they did a few months ago if they weren't going to do it.

Not sure anyone is questioning "if", as much as "when". Come June it could be possible that we are still on 1.5. Which is working fine for my needs so I am not sweating. :icon_ banana: